Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

840quadra

Original poster
Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
To help people quickly find out what some to be considered "neat features" to the iPod touch, please post them here. The point would be to in bold list the discovery, and jot down some notes about it posted below. With the discovery in bold, people will be able to quickly skim through the thread learning some of these neat features, or tricks!

I know there are other similar threads to this, however having an established posting format will assist in keeping the thread list like. I will work to keep the 1st post updated with other's discoveries, crediting them as we move forward. I will keep mine at the bottom of the list, but newest discoveries will go at the top :) .

iPod Touch discoveries

tonyeck - iPod Camera connector does not work :(
When connecting the iPod camera connector. (obvious if you look at the product info on the site, however some may not know this). This is really sad considering the screen size (and quality), but understandable having it be flash based memory.

Posted here

Photo 9.jpg
click for larger

840quadra - "Enable Disk Use" feature not available
In the iTunes summary screen for the iPod Touch, the "Enable disk use" checkbox does not appear, even if you have "Manually manage music" enabled.

840quadra - Current song fades out while updating iPod
While you cannot exactly listen to music while updating your iPod Touch, ipod simply fades out any song you are currently listening to when copying new songs or videos onto it. This is a nice change from the dramatic cutoff of whatever was playing when connecting previous ipods to your computer.

840quadra - iPod Touch will charge from FireWire
A concern for some with older FireWire wall chargers, was "Will the new touch charge from this device". The answer is yes! Thankfully this is also the case for older firewire car chargers!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.