Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hecklerdanny

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 27, 2007
I, like many of you, had pre-ordered as soon as the keynote was over. I got tired of the realization that I had paid early, to get it weeks later than everyone else, so I cancelled my pre-order and called the Apple Store in Omaha, Nebraska. (I'm in Sioux City, Iowa, an hour and a half drive.)

To my suprise they had "some" in stock. They wouldn't tell me how many. They did say they had both 8GB's and 16GB's. I pleaded with them to hold two for me (one for me and one for my girlfriend) but they couldn't. So the conversation went like this...

Me: Well since you can't tell me how many you have, can you tell me if it'd be worth it to drive the hour and a half there?
Apple: If I were you, I would come right now.
Me: Are you sure? It's not going to be a wasted drive?
Apple: No, just get in the car and head down here right now.

So me and my girlfriend jumped in the car and made the hour and a half drive in about an hour, and to our suprise, they had more than enough 16GB's in stock.

PS...I called the girl at the Apple store when I was halfway there and said "It's me, I'm halfway, should I come the rest of the way?" and she said "Let me check, yes, keep coming, it's looking really good for you!"

So we went and got them.

By the way, the girl I dealt with there couldn't have been nicer or more helpful.

http://picasaweb.google.com/dannybligh/IPodTouch

Here are the unboxing photos that I took when I got home.

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
Congratulations. I'm sitting here on my sofa enjoying my 8GB touch. You know what they say, "If you've got it, flaunt it."

Enjoy your new baby:D

Prof. :apple:

Hecklerdanny

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 27, 2007
Congratulations. I'm sitting here on my sofa enjoying my 8GB touch. You know what they say, "If you've got it, flaunt it."

Enjoy your new baby:D

thanks a lot. Im typing this from the touch. My girlfriend is next to me looking up recipes on her 16 gb... Its just to cool. Totally worth the money.

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
thanks a lot. Im typing this from the touch. My girlfriend is next to me looking up recipes on her 16 gb... Its just to cool. Totally worth the money.

Ohhh. That's why I saw two 16GB touches in your bag; your girlfriend bought one too. That's cool.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.