Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stupendusboi

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
I am going to be getting my Ipod Touch anyday now!!!! so excited

heres the question, i know that the itouch comes with a plastic around it when you first buy it.. I was wondering if i could keep that on the ipod without damaging it. I need to save money for a screen protector/case ( i dont gots a job and im a freshie in hs!) THanks for your helps!

jacktiernan

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2007
Vic, Australia
I am going to be getting my Ipod Touch anyday now!!!! so excited

heres the question, i know that the itouch comes with a plastic around it when you first buy it.. I was wondering if i could keep that on the ipod without damaging it. I need to save money for a screen protector/case ( i dont gots a job and im a freshie in hs!) THanks for your helps!

Well, you could do that, i guess. But if little bits of dirt etc get under it (which they will seeing as it's only designed to protect it in the shipping process) it may very well scratch the back of the ipod. And nobody wants THAT ;)

I understand that you have to save up to get a protector, but there are some very good, not too expensive options out there already.

I would suggest "Invisible Shield"
-check here too: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/352760/

My friend had an invisible shield on his video ipod, and when he removed it after about 9 months, the ipod was practically like the day he bought it. I was super impressed.

I hope that helps. Start collecting those pennies!! (I always find the back of the couch is a good place to start) :D

Hope that helps mate

EDIT: Oh yeah, and when i got my new phone and didnt have a protector for it yet, i went and bought a pair of cotton socks. Slip it inside one of them and tie it down with a rabber band if you're feeling especially dirt-freaked.

Sexy? Not really
Practical? Hell yeah!

tiggle

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2006
Hong Kong
Do these shields feel 'plasticy' to touch? Are they really so unobtrusive to the eye?

They look like a great option, but I wouldn't want to get the feeling it was wrapped in cling film...lol

ynblood

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2007
I am going to wait until Bestskinsever.com gets them in. I have a full body skin on my blackberry Pearl and it looks great. Also it is half the price of invisibleshield.

jacktiernan

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2007
Vic, Australia
Do these shields feel 'plasticy' to touch? Are they really so unobtrusive to the eye?

They look like a great option, but I wouldn't want to get the feeling it was wrapped in cling film...lol

Nah, it's not like cling wrap at all! :D

Feels very good, obviously wasn't toucjhing the screen of my friends ipod video much, but i think it would be a very good option for the touch, from what i remember.

Bestskinsever.com does look ok too, i agree. But i've never read much good stuff about them (outside of what they say about themselves...duh), whereas i've read dozens and dozens of great user reviews for invisible shield, and very few negative ones.

...It is fairly expensive though...

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2006
In the Depths of the SLC!
I just ordered the Invisible Shield for the iPod Touch, it should get here around the same time I get my ipod (hopefully by Fri of next week)

I saw some videos of the invisible shield and I must say, that is impressive!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.