Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
OK, did a search, and saw some folks were having problems with downloading purchases, but didn't see the exact problem I am having. I have two espisodes of the Closer Season 2 that have refused to download. The rest of the season downloaded fine, but on these two episodes, I keep getting the following message....download stopped error=8008....one show is one third through its download, the other one is almost done. Anybody have any ideas what the problem is, and if so, how can I fix it and get these last two episodes to download. I have never had this problem before. I am up to date I believe as far as versions of iTunes is concerned...:) Somebody please help me...

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
I can't believe that nobody has any ideas about this...could it be that I have my hard disk set to sleep even though I have it plugged in...surely I am not the only one with this problem?

iTom

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2002
Like you I've having problems with my lastest iTunes download.I had the urge to watch Wild Hogs and bought it. No luck. Error -222. Apple can't figure it out and has refunded my money. Each time I try to purchase it again it says I've already purchased it and just need to click to download it which leads me back into an endless circle of Error -222.

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
Like you I've having problems with my lastest iTunes download.I had the urge to watch Wild Hogs and bought it. No luck. Error -222. Apple can't figure it out and has refunded my money. Each time I try to purchase it again it says I've already purchased it and just need to click to download it which leads me back into an endless circle of Error -222.

Ditto for me...I tried to re-download mine and it didn't work either...said I had already purchased it...I have not contacted Apple though...guess I should...each time I get the same error number as before, but it downloads some more each time...maybe in a few weeks, it will be done, lol...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.