Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmack549

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2007
I am getting an invisible shield, but I know that by time it comes in I will have some minor scratches on the back. Will the Shield cover these, or no?

colto

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2007
I am getting an invisible shield, but I know that by time it comes in I will have some minor scratches on the back. Will the Shield cover these, or no?

Nope. The shield will just keep new scratches from forming. In the meantime you might want to keep your touch in a sock or lint-free cloth. You could even always make sure that you put the cleaning cloth over it before you stick it in your pocket, just in case.

onionperson654

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2007

Yes, it will "cover" and preserve your scratches in all of their dignity.

But seriously, I don't know if there are any products for fixing small scratches (like they do on windshields) or minimizing their look. I've never heard of any, but that doesn't mean there aren't.

colto

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2007
Yes, it will "cover" and preserve your scratches in all of their dignity.

But seriously, I don't know if there are any products for fixing small scratches (like they do on windshields) or minimizing their look. I've never heard of any, but that doesn't mean there aren't.

I bet that windshield crack fixer stuff will work well. You might want to use a safety pin, a nerf dart(for a tiny suction cup that will apply pressure), and a razor blade for excess removal(be VERY careful). Just have to go extremely slow and be super careful with the razor.

byakuya

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2007
I am not so sure how it will be on an iPod touch but I have a full body set applied to my Macbook and reviewed it a while back, and smaller scratches actually are harder to see with the invisible shield on. I guess it's because of the reflections on the invisible shield itself.

As for your second question there are some manufacturers that offer polishing products for the iPod...maybe something like that would help to get rid of smaller scratches...obviously big deep scratches won't go away.

byakuya

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.