Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

~J~

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 27, 2007
3rd Rock from the sun
Bootcamp?
Virtual Machine? (XP or Vista?)
Mac native? (assuming its available)

I am new to games on the Mac platform, but REALLY want to get C&C3: Tiberium Wars, and cant decide if I should do Bootcamp, Parallels, or get it native on the Mac. If I do Bootcamp or Parallels, I can run either XP or Vista Ultimate. Which will give me best performance? My machine specs are:

15" 2.33GHz MBP
2GB RAM
256MB vid RAM

I would prefer in this order, but am looking for the best performance for the game overall:

1. Mac native
2. Parallels
3. Bootcamp

Thanks guys!

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
Virtual machines aren't a viable option yet.

I'm guessing the Windows version will run better, just because that tends to be how things are (Mac versions not being as optimized), but I'd get the Mac version as to not have to deal with Windows, and to support Mac development. :)

ghall

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
Myself, I buy the Mac version unless there is none available, then I just buy the PC version.

In short, go with the Mac version.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
I'm guessing the Windows version will run better, just because that tends to be how things are (Mac versions not being as optimized), but I'd get the Mac version as to not have to deal with Windows, and to support Mac development. :)

Good point. Personally, I have bought all of my games for Mac. The PC version might be faster, but I prefer to stick to using Mac OS 100% of the time if possible. :) :apple:

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Bootcamp. No emulation or anything silly. Just uncontaminated, pure, raw Windows. As ugly as that can be.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.