PDA

View Full Version : Dead Pixels!!!

gello2424
Aug 20, 2003, 05:42 AM
I was dragging the DVD player window around my screen and I noticed about 8 pixels that where even not lit or they looked blue? I just bought this 23" dispaly about 4 months ago should I take it in for them to look at or just get over it? They only way you can tell that they are there is if you are using a very dark color in the back ground. Like if I turn my whole desktop black. And yes I have read the new post about the LCD policy I am just asking for what you might do in my postion. I just checked my other one and there isn't even one I can see. I just found 2 of them when I was doing some video editing. Thank you

iGav
Aug 20, 2003, 05:57 AM
8 dead or stuck pixels...

Call Apple, get a box, get it shipped back and get the screen replaced...

That's what I would do... ;) :D

cb911
Aug 20, 2003, 08:07 AM
definitely call Apple.

or if you want to see if you can fix it... some people have had luck with massaging the affected pixels gently with a soft cloth. sometimes they can 'activate' again.

good luck :)

gello2424
Aug 20, 2003, 09:46 PM
Ok thank you! I called Apple and they said the would replace it?! Fixed it would have been fine but hey if the want to replace it I am fine with that too!

jxyama
Aug 21, 2003, 09:57 AM
if you got all of your stuck pixels to work again after massaging, i wouldn't bother sending it in. apple will just send you another display - they are unlikely to check it to see if it has absolutely no dead pixels...

what you got in your hand is worth keeping because you know what state it's at...

Lanbrown
Aug 21, 2003, 10:25 AM
They cannot fix it, which is why you are getting a replacement. The LCD screen is sealed and cannot be repaired. As others have pointed out that you can try to get them to work again, but manufacturers just toss the panel out.