PDA

View Full Version : airport extreme restarting problem

andevo
Aug 20, 2003, 09:11 AM
hi! i just got an airport extreme card and a airport extreme base station. my card has been acting weird whenever ive been connected on any wireless network. i will get the " you have to restart your computer " screen whenever i move my computer a tiny bit while connected to the wireless network. i will have to restart my computer and everything will be working fine again. this doesnt happen if i just sit with my computer completely still at my desk, but the moment lets say i sit with the powerbook in my lap it might happen any minute, or if i just pick up my powerbook and walk around with it.

i read about the problem at the support pages, and it says it is most likely a software problem (i dont think it is as ive reinstalled my OS).

what might be the problem here? i know its not the base station as ive been on several different networks. so i guess it might be the antenna in the computer itself of the actual airport card.

ok, any help would be excellent. thanks.

mactastic
Aug 20, 2003, 10:29 AM
I guess the first thing I would do is take my laptop somewhere else with a reliably working base station in operation. If your computer still flubs, check your antennas etc. If not, your base station my have some issues. Do you have the most recent version of the Airport software? And did you go in to the Airport Admin Utility and actually upload it to the BS? I know it took me a couple weeks to really get things tuned right with mine. Before that I would lose signal sometimes and have to fiddle around to get it back. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Wes
Aug 20, 2003, 10:42 AM
I think the likely solution, (I predict you have a 12 inch powerbook), is to open your powerbook, and take the card out, and reattach it securely.

andevo
Aug 20, 2003, 10:51 AM
looks like i got it working!! i just needed to update the base station and everything is all happy days. thanks a bunch for the help.