PDA

View Full Version : wallpapers don't work?

nandasunu
Sep 17, 2007, 05:55 PM
Hi, just got a 16gb touch today =). One issue (aside from the screen issue..) is that setting wallpapers doesn't seem to do anything. I set the wallpaper in settings, does nothing, set it via the photos section, does nothing... anyone else having this problem? :(

jmack549
Sep 17, 2007, 06:07 PM
It only changes the background screen for when you put it in "standby". Turn it off and on and you will see what I am talking about

JonfromVegas
Sep 17, 2007, 06:19 PM
Yeah... wallpaper only appears when you "wake up" the ipod. Hopefully someone will hack it so that we can have wallpaper behind the home screen.

thirdeyeopen666
Sep 17, 2007, 06:29 PM
Really peculiar... setting wallpaper worked fine on my 1st unit. I returned it (due to the screen problem) and got another. Screen is much better on this one, but setting the wallpaper does nothing. It still shows the battery icon when you wake it up... not the selected wallpaper.

thirdeyeopen666
Sep 17, 2007, 06:33 PM
Nevermind, I'm dumb. The wallpaper won't show if the tPod (yes, thats what I'm calling it. iPod Touch is a ridiculous name) is connected to a computer.

nandasunu
Sep 17, 2007, 08:45 PM
I see now, seems like a pretty useless feature then... unless I am going to sit around staring at an unlock screen all day... :confused:

Roessnakhan
Sep 17, 2007, 08:48 PM
I think unlocked iPhones have the option for a transparent background at the icon screen to make the wallpaper actually wallpaper rather than an unlock splash screen.