PDA

View Full Version : Classics responsiveness

ds252
Sep 17, 2007, 07:23 PM
Just wondering if the classics responsiveness can be fixed, becuase i have a 5.5 case i want to use with it but the thing layer over the click wheel makes it unresponsive....can this be fixed by an update somehow?

Roy Hobbs
Sep 17, 2007, 07:41 PM
Just wondering if the classics responsiveness can be fixed, becuase i have a 5.5 case i want to use with it but the thing layer over the click wheel makes it unresponsive....can this be fixed by an update somehow?

there has already been a firmware update and the menu system of the classic is much better now

ds252
Sep 17, 2007, 07:46 PM
Yeah it just doesn't lag as much but i'm talking about the touch of the finger to the click wheel it sensing the finger better.

evanrousso
Sep 17, 2007, 11:16 PM
I am more concerned with the responsiveness of iTunes to the new iPod Classic. It is seriously mind numbingly annoying everytime I mount my iPod. I seriously dread putting new music on my iPod. I haven't seen that many beachballs since summer of 1996.

easy4lif
Sep 18, 2007, 12:39 AM
I did the update and it has a better clickwheel response, but when I tried it with my iSkin for my ipod video 30GB it won't move at all. I'm hoping iskin will have a work around soon.

miTunes75
Sep 18, 2007, 11:24 AM
I am more concerned with the responsiveness of iTunes to the new iPod Classic. It is seriously mind numbingly annoying everytime I mount my iPod. I seriously dread putting new music on my iPod. I haven't seen that many beachballs since summer of 1996.

You don't mount the ipod and "boom" it just works? What's up Steve?

evanrousso
Sep 18, 2007, 01:03 PM
You don't mount the ipod and "boom" it just works? What's up Steve?

if that is sarcasm then all I will say is it takes about 5 seconds or less from the time I plug in my external drive to the time I start accessing files on it. After 6 generations of the iPod and 7 generations of iTunes you would think that they would have made mount times shorter not longer.