Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ds252

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
Just wondering if the classics responsiveness can be fixed, becuase i have a 5.5 case i want to use with it but the thing layer over the click wheel makes it unresponsive....can this be fixed by an update somehow?

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
Just wondering if the classics responsiveness can be fixed, becuase i have a 5.5 case i want to use with it but the thing layer over the click wheel makes it unresponsive....can this be fixed by an update somehow?

there has already been a firmware update and the menu system of the classic is much better now

ds252

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
Yeah it just doesn't lag as much but i'm talking about the touch of the finger to the click wheel it sensing the finger better.

evanrousso

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2006
I am more concerned with the responsiveness of iTunes to the new iPod Classic. It is seriously mind numbingly annoying everytime I mount my iPod. I seriously dread putting new music on my iPod. I haven't seen that many beachballs since summer of 1996.

easy4lif

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2005
Southbay CA
I did the update and it has a better clickwheel response, but when I tried it with my iSkin for my ipod video 30GB it won't move at all. I'm hoping iskin will have a work around soon.

miTunes75

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2006
I am more concerned with the responsiveness of iTunes to the new iPod Classic. It is seriously mind numbingly annoying everytime I mount my iPod. I seriously dread putting new music on my iPod. I haven't seen that many beachballs since summer of 1996.

You don't mount the ipod and "boom" it just works? What's up Steve?

evanrousso

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2006
You don't mount the ipod and "boom" it just works? What's up Steve?

if that is sarcasm then all I will say is it takes about 5 seconds or less from the time I plug in my external drive to the time I start accessing files on it. After 6 generations of the iPod and 7 generations of iTunes you would think that they would have made mount times shorter not longer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.