PDA

View Full Version : The PSP has a better screen

Scarpad
Sep 17, 2007, 09:52 PM
Well at least as far as Black levels go. I encoded Land of the Dead tonight in the PSP's native 480x272 res, this movie is very dark but it maintains it's nice black levels throughout. Now the original PSP suffers from Low latency that causes some lag (Hopefully the Slim is better) but it maintains better and more defined black levels.

Brereton55
Sep 17, 2007, 09:54 PM
Well at least as far as Black levels go. I encoded Land of the Dead tonight in the PSP's native 480x272 res, this movie is very dark but it maintains it's nice black levels throughout. Now the original PSP suffers from Low latency that causes some lag (Hopefully the Slim is better) but it maintains better and more defined black levels.

ok cool?

synth3tik
Sep 17, 2007, 09:54 PM
good for it.

jacktiernan
Sep 17, 2007, 10:07 PM

Dude, that could have been a simple post in one of the MANY threads about the ipod touch screen issues, no need to create a new one.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be a prick, there's just a lot of useless threads in this forum at the moment.

ryan.go.habs
Sep 17, 2007, 10:31 PM

Good for it, and my 42' tv is bigger than the iTouch's screen, lets make a thread about that too.

jacktiernan
Sep 17, 2007, 10:35 PM
Good for it, and my 42' tv is bigger than the iTouch's screen, lets make a thread about that too.

lmao :D

CiscoGuru&aMac
Sep 17, 2007, 10:37 PM

Some screens may have issues, but to say the PSP has a better screen is ignorant.

Scenicroadways
Sep 17, 2007, 10:59 PM
good lord, calm down, there's nothing wrong with this thread. Some people might be interested in comparing the two since they are similar size/device

Scarpad
Sep 17, 2007, 11:30 PM
PSP has a 4.3in screen, the Cowon A2 a 4inch, the Touch a 3.5"

plasticmoz
Sep 18, 2007, 12:00 AM

Thanks for the info, in other news the sky is blue.

CiscoGuru&aMac
Sep 18, 2007, 12:57 AM

iPhone's screen quality is better than my 2 PSPs, I'm sorry, screen size means less to me than quality.

To each his own, I respect this, it's really all subjective.

I do think it's ignorant though to say the PSP screen is better. The specs between the two don't lie:

iPhone:

3.5-inch (diagonal) widescreen multi-touch display
480-by-320-pixel resolution at 163 ppi
Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously

Sony PSP:

4.3 inch, 16:9 Wide screen TFT LCD
480 x 272 pixel, 16.77 million colors

The 163 ppi is impressive.

CiscoGuru&aMac
Sep 18, 2007, 12:59 AM
good lord, calm down, there's nothing wrong with this thread. Some people might be interested in comparing the two since they are similar size/device

iPhone:

Sony PSP:

For your comparison

--Wolf--
Sep 18, 2007, 01:06 AM
Is the PSP touch screen?

End of discussion.

That's like comparing a digital watch screen to a 42" plasma.

CiscoGuru&aMac
Sep 18, 2007, 01:09 AM
Is the PSP touch screen?

End of discussion.

Well of course.

The initial comment was more to do about contrast ratio.

However, the PSP, while cool, the screen still can't touch the iPhone.

Touch screen is comparing Apples to Oranges.

--Wolf--
Sep 18, 2007, 01:15 AM
Yeah, but remember the screen issues will be fixed eventually. I'm sure if they screen wasn't touch (PSP) then we wouldn't have this prob in the first place.

Scarlet Fever
Sep 18, 2007, 01:18 AM
Thanks for the info, in other news the sky is blue.
except at night, when it's supposed to be black, but can't quite display it :D

Scarpad
Sep 18, 2007, 06:51 AM
iPhone's screen quality is better than my 2 PSPs, I'm sorry, screen size means less to me than quality.

To each his own, I respect this, it's really all subjective.

I do think it's ignorant though to say the PSP screen is better. The specs between the two don't lie:

iPhone:

Sony PSP:

The 163 ppi is impressive.

Read my Original Message I pointed out the PSP's Screen's Flaws, I said the Black Level retention was better.

Matteh117
Sep 18, 2007, 06:59 AM
Is the PSP touch screen?

End of discussion.

End of discussion agreed. :D

theraider
Sep 18, 2007, 07:26 AM
i think the main peoblem with this discussion is that the PSP only has about 4 good games and all the other features of it suck. I have felt very dumb about buying one opening day.