Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sam10685

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Portland, OR
Are there any of these that show how to change the hard drive on an aluminum powerbook g4? (bought in august 2004) I asked this in an earlier thread but no one replied.

bmcgrath

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2006
London, United Kingdom
As far as I know, I'm up for correction, but if you check out Macbook Pro tutorials I think they are the same. If not pretty similar.
Sorry I'm not of more help

sam10685

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Portland, OR
As far as I know, I'm up for correction, but if you check out Macbook Pro tutorials I think they are the same. If not pretty similar.
Sorry I'm not of more help

Looked at ifixit.com. Def. helps but kind of want a video. I wasn't sure if Macbook Pro's were the same architecture but it seems like they would be. I'll take a look... they

sam10685

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Portland, OR
Can't find any video tutorials anywhere for either a macbook pro or an aluminum powerbook. (Please help?)

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
I followed the iFixIt guide with no problems. It's not even that hard to keep track of the screws.

The hardest part is getting the latch off near the Super Drive in front. After that it's the seam between the top and bottom case. It's cosmetic though.

sam10685

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Portland, OR
I followed the iFixIt guide with no problems. It's not even that hard to keep track of the screws.

The hardest part is getting the latch off near the Super Drive in front. After that it's the seam between the top and bottom case. It's cosmetic though.

What about the casing that the actual hard drive? Is that hard at all? I looked at ifixit a while ago and it didn't say anything about that but now it does.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.