PDA

View Full Version : Album / Song year in display...

KMITB
Sep 18, 2007, 11:15 AM
I've searched the forums for this and didn't come across it so I'll throw this out there...Is it possible to have the ipod classic display the year of the album when playing a song? I have stepped up from a creative zen touch which displayed a lot more info (Minus album art) and I love my new Classic....but I've noticed all the pods released don't display the year which I feel is a cool little piece of info...especially when you own a 160gb model and there are thousands of songs on it.

Is there a way to do this or is it best to make a suggestion on further firmware releases?

Thanks,
KMITB

miTunes75
Sep 18, 2007, 11:32 AM
When I rip my cds, iTunes creates the album folder with the name and that's it. What I have done for my iTunes library on my desktop is add (year) at the end of the album title on the folder. It takes a second and it's done.

If you're desiring to have it show up on your 160gb classic, I would rename the albums with the year at the end of it. Unless, there's a script out there that does this for you...that'd be nice.

Just a suggestion.

KMITB
Sep 18, 2007, 11:38 AM
In itunes...it shows up just fine...but there is no line on the classic for year. I'd like to see that instead of rating stars. There is room on the display for the year. Not sure if someone out there may have tried to play around with it. I really don't feel like adding the year to each album manually.

Thanks for the suggestion! ;)