PDA

View Full Version : Poll: iPod nano Tilt or Not?

FerdiV
Sep 18, 2007, 11:30 AM
I just want to know how many people are having a iPod Nano with the tilted screen. Now we can see a percentage.

How do I make a poll? I can't see the post a poll option :S Even in addictional options in not there...

Chaszmyr
Sep 18, 2007, 11:40 AM
This kind of poll wouldn't get nearly enough responses to generate accurate results, not to mention that people with a tilted screen would be more likely to bother voting.

JDN
Sep 19, 2007, 03:15 AM
Tilt?! Whats that? Looked on the apple store site, am i being stupid?

bigbadnewill
Sep 19, 2007, 03:20 AM
Tilt?! Whats that? Looked on the apple store site, am i being stupid?

They're on about a faulty nano, which has a slightly tilted screen....ergo needing to send it back for a straight one. Apparently it's a bit of an issue with them.

mosx
Sep 19, 2007, 04:01 AM
I have a tilted screen on my 8GB black nano. I just sent it out today to get repaired. Hopefully it won't take the full "10-12 business days" for the new one to arrive. :rolleyes:

docprego
Sep 19, 2007, 09:03 PM
I saw my first new Nano today at Best Buy and the screen was definitely tilted, I would never accept it if it were mine.

iDAG
Sep 19, 2007, 09:27 PM
How can the screen be tilted? I was looking at nanos today at Best Buy and they looked fine. With the bad reviews with the touch I may just get a new nano instead.

joshwest
Sep 19, 2007, 11:00 PM
Mine is tilted i have to go to the Apple Store Friday and let them check it out.

joshwest
Sep 19, 2007, 11:01 PM
I have a tilted screen on my 8GB black nano. I just sent it out today to get repaired. Hopefully it won't take the full "10-12 business days" for the new one to arrive. :rolleyes:

did you have to pay the 30$ shipping Apple Charges?

Zwhaler
Sep 19, 2007, 11:22 PM
Gosh it seems like Apple can never come out with a perfect product anymore... (iPod touch screen issue, iPod classic UI lag, iPod Nano tilted screen, iMac 20" low quality screen, MacBook Pro 1/3 yellowing issue...)

mosx
Sep 20, 2007, 01:54 AM
did you have to pay the 30$ shipping Apple Charges?

Nope :) I would have laughed in their face if they tried!

Thanks to me being in California and them selling me a defective product, they basically have to replace it free of charge.

California has awesome consumer protection laws ;)

robPOD
Sep 20, 2007, 03:46 AM
I seriously think apple needs better quality control issues , in light of this and the other "negitive screen issue" on the iPod touch.

brgnewman
Sep 20, 2007, 08:25 AM
Mine has a little bit of a tilt but I honestly do not know if it annoys me that much; like I barely notice it and no one else has.

I work at FS and we had one 8gb Nano returned so i looked at it in the back cage where we lock up all the returns and sure enough, the screen was tilted more so then mine.

brgnewman
Sep 21, 2007, 12:46 AM
I bit the bullet and called Apple about the issue; they have a box on the way to my house for my iPod Nano. They said the whole process should take 7 business days

The whole reason I am doing this was it dawned on me I paid $219 CDN, and I expect perfection ;)

mosx
Sep 21, 2007, 04:46 AM
I bit the bullet and called Apple about the issue; they have a box on the way to my house for my iPod Nano. They said the whole process should take 7 business days

The whole reason I am doing this was it dawned on me I paid $219 CDN, and I expect perfection ;)

Hah exactly ;) Thats the exact reason I did it as well.

My replacement should be here in a few hours. We'll see what kind of condition its in.

brgnewman
Sep 21, 2007, 03:15 PM
I already love AppleCare's service!

K, I called Apple about this yesterday (Thursday) and the tech was very nice and knowledgeable. I get home today from school and there is a box on the doorstep of my house.

I call UPS to schedule a pickup and I expected they would come on Monday; WRONG! They came within 10 minutes and grabbed my package!

This is sweet! I can't wait to get it back

SactoGuy18
Sep 21, 2007, 04:21 PM
I must be lucky--my 3G nano has no tilted screen issues. :) It did have problems with the overly pessimistic battery level indicator, but the 1.0.1 firmware upgrade fixed that.

iDAG
Sep 21, 2007, 04:51 PM
Could someone post a picture of an iPod nano with a tilted screen? I've never seen one so I want to know how bad it is.

KittyToy
Sep 21, 2007, 06:25 PM
well my new red nano has none of these issues thank gawd, but I did manage to scratch it up already and I only had it for 1 day...but I used my iphone credit to get it so 99.00 bucks not to bad....but I swear this screen is smaller than 2" , it's 1/3 the screen size of my iphone.

ryanwarsaw
Sep 22, 2007, 09:34 PM
Mine is fine. Still loving it.

bigbadnewill
Sep 24, 2007, 02:52 AM
I have just got mine and the screen is tilted, grrrrr! Problem is though, that I am from uk and bought it over in USA. Will Apple uk exchange it for me, or will i have to wait until my next trip to usa?

How frustrating! Other then that, it's a damn fine product, mmmm!!

brgnewman
Sep 28, 2007, 12:49 AM
Well I have my new tilt-free Nano in my hands right now :D

That is pretty good and quick service! Can't wait to start playing around with my nano again!

One question though; why did Apple use UPS to send my iPod away but used DHL to deliver my new iPod?

Just seems odd to use two different companies; preferred the service from UPS way more then DHL.

palmsolo
Sep 28, 2007, 01:06 PM
So did you get your same Nano back with the display corrected? I have an engraved Nano that I bought for my daughter's birthday next week and see that it is very slightly tilted in the box. I don't have time to return it yet, but may after she starts using it and see how bad the tilt really is. Thanks.

Nerolt
Sep 28, 2007, 01:59 PM
Mine is tilted, but its so small that you have to touch your nose to it to see the tilt, and even then it is very minute.

colocolo
Sep 28, 2007, 02:26 PM
Mine is tilted, but its so small that you have to touch your nose to it to see the tilt, and even then it is very minute.

Your nose has special powers that enhance your vision??? :eek:

Nerolt
Sep 28, 2007, 02:53 PM
Your nose has special powers that enhance your vision??? :eek:

I said touch your nose TO IT, as in the ipod

brgnewman
Sep 28, 2007, 09:17 PM
So did you get your same Nano back with the display corrected? I have an engraved Nano that I bought for my daughter's birthday next week and see that it is very slightly tilted in the box. I don't have time to return it yet, but may after she starts using it and see how bad the tilt really is. Thanks.

They sent me a new unit because the woman from AppleCare told me that they want to keep the defective ones to analyze.

MacDann
Sep 28, 2007, 10:10 PM
My [PRODUCT RED] 3G nano just arrived from China yesterday, and there is no tilt to the screen....

MacDann