PDA

View Full Version : iPod Nano as a Digital Photo Player for Digital Picture frame...

kk05629
Sep 18, 2007, 04:04 PM
Greetings...I am relatively new to the Apple world as I purchased a MBP in July.

I am trying to build a digital picture frame and am looking for a small, photo player to "drive" an LCD monitor. Could an 4gb iPod Nano (w/ component cables connnected to a VGA adapter cable) be a practical solution to connect an LCD monitor to display the photos? I really just want something small (that could be hidden in the frame of the digital picture frame) to power the slide show. I see that the nano has a 640x480 resolution...but did not know if it could do a higher resolution for a 17" monitor.

I also was looking at the Apple TV, but that seemed like more than I needed to play the slideshow.

Thought/comments/suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance.

ivi7
Sep 18, 2007, 04:06 PM
Could an 4gb iPod Nano (w/ component cables connnected to a VGA adapter cable) be a practical solution to connect an LCD monitor to display the photos?

Sounds good to me. It should work to perfection.

Stampyhead
Sep 18, 2007, 04:12 PM
I see that the nano has a 640x480 resolution...but did not know if it could do a higher resolution for a 17" monitor.

Nope, 640x480 is the highest it can do. I bet it will still look good though.