Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jesusplay

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
SOUTH
its a 8gb. i opened it, listened to some music/videos. never took the wraping off the ipod touch its self. i opened the box, ear phones, etc.

will they refund my money?:confused:

gergc

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2007
i work for best buy;
you have a 30 day return policy on the ipod.
there is no restocking fee, if you want to return it...it is your choice.

just make it easier on them by bringing back all of the things that it came with and you'll be fine!

jesusplay

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
SOUTH
i work for best buy;
you have a 30 day return policy on the ipod.
there is no restocking fee, if you want to return it...it is your choice.

just make it easier on them by bringing back all of the things that it came with and you'll be fine!

ok so i opened it up, used it for 2 days.

came to the point i dont think its worth the money.

as aslong as i bring all of it back i will be fine? i may just buy a nano...touch isnt all that imo....i wish their was more memory...

its nice but....i feel like i was cheat out of my money.

YES I OWN IT PROOF: http://www.myspace.com/novanhoj

gergc

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2007
yeah, you'll be fine. (it makes it easier on us if you have everything...i bought my 16g from one of our stores and i'm going to return it on the 29th day and get a replacement. mine has the screen issue. (and it developed a small crack on the glass that i cannot explain. regardless of that fact, i can still return it...cause i work there. lol.))

and on a side note to all those who say "give them hell" (not saying you did, I just see this in other threads)

if you are nice to us, we will be nice to you! i have many a times gone out of my way (and company policy) to help people! so...just be courteous and nice! do not talk down to retail employees...they will try their best not to help you at all and you'll end up being screwed.

PodHead

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2006
Boise, ID
ok so i opened it up, used it for 2 days.

came to the point i dont think its worth the money.

as aslong as i bring all of it back i will be fine? i may just buy a nano...touch isnt all that imo....i wish their was more memory...

its nice but....i feel like i was cheat out of my money.

YES I OWN IT PROOF: http://www.myspace.com/novanhoj

"Cheated" is a bit dramatic. You did willingly hand over the money. Your just a little remorseful. Maybe in 6 months or so when it makes coffee and vaccums the house you will feel it worthy of your cash:rolleyes:

jesusplay

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
SOUTH
yeah, you'll be fine. (it makes it easier on us if you have everything...i bought my 16g from one of our stores and i'm going to return it on the 29th day and get a replacement. mine has the screen issue. (and it developed a small crack on the glass that i cannot explain. regardless of that fact, i can still return it...cause i work there. lol.))

and on a side note to all those who say "give them hell" (not saying you did, I just see this in other threads)

if you are nice to us, we will be nice to you! i have many a times gone out of my way (and company policy) to help people! so...just be courteous and nice! do not talk down to retail employees...they will try their best not to help you at all and you'll end up being screwed.

thanks!!! one more question.......i forgot to get the warrenty from best buy......................can i still go buy it? or do i have to return the ipod, get another one and get it?

iShak

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2006
"Cheated" is a bit dramatic. You did willingly hand over the money. Your just a little remorseful. Maybe in 6 months or so when it makes coffee and vaccums the house you will feel it worthy of your cash:rolleyes:

what are you talking about? if someone sells you a dodgy merchandise he doesn't do you a public service!! of course it is cheating!

the guy did pay his money willingly but was he told 'Sir, the product you are about purchase has some really ****** screen and although we claim this to be a true video iPod, but believe me, you won't be able to recognize your mother on this screen"?

I don't think so . .hence .. cheating.

gergc

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2007
you can get the warranty anytime within the exchange period.

honestly best buy's warranty is better than applecare, it's just as expensive but covers 1 more year.

AppleFan08

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2007
Oh give me a break iShak. Its not like Apple knew that the screens had this problem and said, you know what, lets ship these defective units to loyal customers...the bad press sure would be good for our image :rolleyes: Get a grip.

PodHead

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2006
Boise, ID
Oh give me a break iShak. Its not like Apple knew that the screens had this problem and said, you know what, lets ship these defective units to loyal customers...the bad press sure would be good for our image :rolleyes: Get a grip.

Thanks Applefan, not to mention the people not posting (crying) on the forums and happily enjoying their fully functional touches. Everyone is not getting a defective model. Like I told another poster...you just need to have the balls for this early adopter game...period. 1st gen products with bugs is no secret, get in line or sit on the sideline waiting for updates. You (jesusplay not iShak) want to do the latter and that's fine, but you were not cheated.

iShak

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2006

thats where the QC comes in my friend, it is QC manager's job to make sure that the final product is as close to the prototype as possible and that random units are taken from each batch to check if the quality has been maintained, if not, the batch doesn't ship.

if it is a hardware fault then Apple should know what they are putting on millions of their devices *after* they have tested the part for compatibility and quality, if it is a software problem then their engineers should scrutinize the software before shipping ..

Apple has a poor QC, when you say 'its not like Apple knew that the screen had this problem' it just validates my point, they are selling you units without truly knowing how good they are, yet define them as the best video ipods.

wizzracer

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2007
Dallas, Texas
thats where the QC comes in my friend, it is QC manager's job to make sure that the final product is as close to the prototype as possible and that random units are taken from each batch to check if the quality has been maintained, if not, the batch doesn't ship.

if it is a hardware fault then Apple should know what they are putting on millions of their devices *after* they have tested the part for compatibility and quality, if it is a software problem then their engineers should scrutinize the software before shipping ..

Apple has a poor QC, when you say 'its not like Apple knew that the screen had this problem' it just validates my point, they are selling you units without truly knowing how good they are, yet define them as the best video ipods.

One clue "Made in Communist China" not like there known for quality control.

He'll they feed your dogs anti freeze and your kids lead.

iShak

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2006
One clue "Made in Communist China" not like there known for quality control.

He'll they feed your dogs anti freeze and your kids lead.

well I won't go as far as stereotyping them, but I am sure you can maintain a standard of Quality Control no matter what country your factories are in, Marks & Spencer get their garments made in Bangladesh and Srilanka, sennheisers are made in China and are superb, so this isn't an excuse.

QC is important, especially for a company with a reputation, otherwise you lose your credibility like Apple has for its 1st gen products over the years.

iShak

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2006
Thanks Applefan, not to mention the people not posting (crying) on the forums and happily enjoying their fully functional touches. Everyone is not getting a defective model. Like I told another poster...you just need to have the balls for this early adopter game...period. 1st gen products with bugs is no secret, get in line or sit on the sideline waiting for updates. You (jesusplay not iShak) want to do the latter and that's fine, but you were not cheated.

paying for a defective merchandise knowingly has nothing to do with having balls .. this is just putting your flag at the summit of stupidity.

to be an early adopter you just need to know what you are getting into and be prepared for everything ..

wizzracer

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2007
Dallas, Texas
well I won't go as far as stereotyping them, but I am sure you can maintain a standard of Quality Control no matter what country your factories are in, Marks & Spencer get their garments made in Bangladesh and Srilanka, sennheisers are made in China and are superb, so this isn't an excuse.

QC is important, especially for a company with a reputation, otherwise you lose your credibility like Apple has for its 1st gen products over the years.

It's not stereotyping, just a fact. Companys that have shifted thier focus on profit over QC know that there consumers will put up with it!

They moved there factory to Communist China knowing this up front.

AppleFan08

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2007

To put it politely, I don't think you fully understand the matter at hand iShak (not just you, others who may think this as well). Clothes from Bangladesh and Srilanka, and iPods from China have nothing in common. Clothes are made out of fabric, iPods are made out of hundreds of different intricate components. Its not like a clothing company can produce defective clothing, and not know it! Either the shirt has two sleeves or it doesnt! Yes, QC is a huge part of any kind of production, but Qc for shirts and QC for iPods are not one in the same.

paying for a defective merchandise knowingly has nothing to do with having balls .. this is just putting your flag at the summit of stupidity.

to be an early adopter you just need to know what you are getting into and be prepared for everything ..

Also, why are you still using the "Paying for defective merchandise knowingly" defense? NOBODY could have possibly known that the screens would be like this before they purchased their ipod! Please just try to get that in your head. Also, i like how you kind of condradict everything you posted in this thread by saying, "to be an early adopter you just need to know what you are getting into and be prepared for everything." EXACTLY!

Bottom line, if your iPod has the black screen effect, either keep or return the damn thing like I did! Ill wait another week, buy one, and if it has the same problem, FOK it. Ill keep it.

PodHead

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2006
Boise, ID
To put it politely, I don't think you fully understand the matter at hand iShak (not just you, others who may think this as well). Clothes from Bangladesh and Srilanka, and iPods from China have nothing in common. Clothes are made out of fabric, iPods are made out of hundreds of different intricate components. Its not like a clothing company can produce defective clothing, and not know it! Either the shirt has two sleeves or it doesnt! Yes, QC is a huge part of any kind of production, but Qc for shirts and QC for iPods are not one in the same.

Also, why are you still using the "Paying for defective merchandise knowingly" defense? NOBODY could have possibly known that the screens would be like this before they purchased their ipod! Please just try to get that in your head. Also, i like how you kind of condradict everything you posted in this thread by saying, "to be an early adopter you just need to know what you are getting into and be prepared for everything." EXACTLY!

Bottom line, if your iPod has the black screen effect, either keep or return the damn thing like I did! Ill wait another week, buy one, and if it has the same problem, FOK it. Ill keep it.

WORD!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.