PDA

View Full Version : iBook spontaneously shutting down...help!!

KekelaNikol
Sep 18, 2007, 07:05 PM
Hi -

My iBook (about 3 years old) all the sudden started continuously restarting. The screen would dim and a black window would appear saying that the computer needs to be restarted with a picture of the power button symbol behind it. I have done that and now the same thing keeps happening every time my computer turns back on. It has happened 4 times in the last 20 minutes. One time as soon as it restarted, it shut itself off as soon as the desktop appeared. Does anyone know what this means? Or how I can fix it? I really appreciate the help!!!!!

mad cow disease
Sep 18, 2007, 09:28 PM
Hi -

My iBook (about 3 years old) all the sudden started continuously restarting. The screen would dim and a black window would appear saying that the computer needs to be restarted with a picture of the power button symbol behind it. I have done that and now the same thing keeps happening every time my computer turns back on. It has happened 4 times in the last 20 minutes. One time as soon as it restarted, it shut itself off as soon as the desktop appeared. Does anyone know what this means? Or how I can fix it? I really appreciate the help!!!!!

Kernel panic. Search the particular issue on this forum, there should be a bunch of suggestions...a bajillion different things can set off a kernel panic...

jczubach
Sep 18, 2007, 09:32 PM
are you doing any regular maintenance? Checking Permissions? Resetting PRAM? deleting .plists?

adamzx3
Sep 18, 2007, 09:32 PM
might try and pull out the ram and re seat it....same thing happened to my macbook pro, fixed it just like that :)