PDA

View Full Version : one more airport base station problem

andevo
Aug 20, 2003, 07:36 PM
ok, i got it all working now because of the help i got here so ill ask one more silly question.

the whole airport system is working great and theres is nothing to complain about but when i try to go the base station admin utility and press configure i get the following error : "the airport utility was unable to read the configuration of the selected base station" "an error occured while reading the configuration".

i have runned the airport setup assistant, and everything is working like i want but its just irritating to get that error and i dont know why.

any ideas?

iJon
Aug 20, 2003, 08:37 PM
yeah i get this every now and then. apple has lots of bugs to work out in this wireless router, its full of problems. make surey ou have all the latest firmware and software.

iJon

e-coli
Aug 20, 2003, 08:43 PM
I would say this, based on experience.

Your reception at you present computer location isn't good enough to admin the base station. As silly as this sounds, it's true. Move your computer or base station within a few feel of each other, then try to administer the base station again.

Or

Try resetting the base station.

But I've never had or heard of the problem you're experiencing.

andevo
Aug 20, 2003, 08:59 PM
it seems like i cant reset the base station, the selection is just grey. im sitting in the same room as the base station so i have full connection so it cant be that.

what can i actually do with the configuration?

gillesc
Dec 25, 2003, 03:28 AM
Hi everybody,

I did a hard-reset on my ABS and tried to upload the firmware through the Admin Utility.

I am now having a "An error occured while updating the configuration" error message and the upload is aborted.

The base station is completely useless !!!

Any idea ??http://forums.macrumors.com/images/smilies/confused.gif