Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JonathanK81

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 7, 2006
Hey all. I've been using a Creative brand player for the last year but am back to Apple. Anyways, does anybody have an idea how to do this. Lets say right now I have 1000 songs in my player. it'll play 1 through 1000 in order that I want. Is there a way I can use the scroll wheel to scroll through the list of 1000 songs till I get the one I want? So lets say scroll to song 550for instance. I know on my Creative I could use the touchpad to scroll to the a particular song. I figure there has to be a way to do this. I don't want to use cover flow or anything like that, just want to use the scroll wheel to scroll to a song out of the 1000. Any ideas? I know this is very basic, as I said, I am just back to Apple, so re-getting use to the Apple iPod. Thanks all.

I do know I can go to the menu, but it'll only play an individual song. I want to just play certain songs at certain times but still want the entire list to play.

Edited - Yes I did read the manual about how to quickly scroll through long lists. However I seem to unable to bring up the alphabet inorder to scroll through the songs like it says in the manual.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.