Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phuz01

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
It's almost time to take this 160GB headache back to the Apple Store and eat the restocking fee.

I was OK with no cover art. I figured the slow menu responses would be eliminated with one or two more firmware releases. And I could deal with the fact that my photos don't display except as thumbnails or as a slideshow.

But don't F*** with my play counts Apple! I'm a metadata freak, with 80 smart playlists constructed with ratings, tags and play counts. But I'm always in the mood to build an on-the-fly playlist, sometimes incorporating one or two of the other playlists and filled out with a few select albums or songs. Imagine my surprise and disappointment after I synced my iPod and none of the songs played from the on-the-go playlist were reflected. No increments in the play counts. No additions to the Last Played column. It was as though the last week of listening on the Classic never happened. Not cool at all.

If this isn't corrected within the next week, it's back to my 80GB 5.5., and I resume my vigil for a high-capacity iPod that actually works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.