Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shorties

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 22, 2007
Southern California
This makes me mad, I have previously purchased all 3 games that were just released for the new iPods (Ms. Pac Man, Sodoku, and Tetris) and now they expect me to buy them again!? I've purchased 8 games total, and they expect me to pay $30 to "Update" my entire library to work on my classic (Once the other games come out). I say 30 because 2 of the games that I have purchased came with the iPod classic. Worst of all the new games are compatible with all 3 iPods, so its not like they are selling separate versions, if you buy them now they have better computability. I am going to send a letter to apple requesting a free upgrade because I shouldn't have to pay again for games I already bought. (It's not like I had to re-buy games for my gameboy color or gameboy advanced that I already owned).

mosx

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2007
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/357289/

Not being a jerk and telling you "post already made!"

Just posting a link to my suggestion ;)

I emailed sjobs@apple.com expressing my disgust with the situation.

I also emailed iTunes customer support and requested a free upgrade. They gave it to me.

So email them and give it a try. If it doesn't work the first time, keep writing back until they give in.

Shorties

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 22, 2007
Southern California
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/357289/

Not being a jerk and telling you "post already made!"

Just posting a link to my suggestion ;)

I emailed sjobs@apple.com expressing my disgust with the situation.

I also emailed iTunes customer support and requested a free upgrade. They gave it to me.

So email them and give it a try. If it doesn't work the first time, keep writing back until they give in.

I didn't want to bump this thread but that one has become a huge argument and I wanted to reply to something that you mentioned. I messaged iTunes Support twice the first time they didnt understand my request and the second time they rejected my request, here is the 2nd email.

Dear XXXX,

Your request for a refund for your old iPods games you purchased for your older iPod was carefully considered; however, according to the iTunes Store Terms of Sale, all purchases made on the iTunes Store are ineligible for refund. This policy matches Apple's refund policies and provides protection for copyrighted materials.

You can review the iTunes Store Terms of Sale for more information:
http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/us/sales.html

Also just a reminder, on 9/19/07 at 12:00 midnight. The iTunes Store will be going for a 1 hour shut down.

Thank you for your interest in our iTunes Store.

Sincerely,

Arthur
iTunes Store Customer Support
http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww

Customer First Name : XXXXX
Customer Last Name : XXXXXX
email : XXXXXX
Web Order # : XXXXXX, XXXXXX, XXXXXX
Support Subject : Games
Sub Issue : Other
iTunes Account Name: XXXXX
iPod Type : Video iPod
Comments:
I submitted an inquiry to iTunes support yesterday about the iPod games for the iPod classic, I was told "Tetris, Ms. PAC-MAN and Sudoku will soon be compatible with iPod nano (video) and iPod classic, but their current versions are not." which is not true as of this week, the new versions have been released. Here was my original Message to iTunes support:

"I recently purchased an iPod classic, and was surprised to learn that 6 of my iPod games that I purchased were not compatible with the new iPod. (I have purchased 8 total, but 2 of them were included on the classic). Considering I gave my old 5th Gen iPod to my sister the games were just wasting space on my computer until they were updated. Then I found out that to get them to work on my new iPod I had to buy the new versions of all the games. (3 of which are available now) As a consumer I do not understand why i should have to rebuy games that I already purchased for my iPod. It's not like I had to rebuy games that I already owned for my Gameboy color when it replaced the original, and its not like I had to rebuy all my music and all my movies when I get a new iPod, why should iPod games be any different."

My point is I am requesting free upgrades to those 3 games that are available now for the iPod classic which I already purchased for my 5th Gen iPod.

TrackID: XXXXXXXX

mosx

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2007
Keep trying ;)

If they continue to deny, file a BBB complaint and/or threaten to return your new iPod.

It also sounds like they're just not reading your email right. Keep writing back stating that you're not requesting a refund, but that you are requesting upgrades.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.