Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ImNoSuperMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
I m finally getting an iPhone for myself. But seriously do want an FM Transmitter for iPhone with a simple remote. I know FM trans dont really have very good audio quality and iPhone does not work with most iPod FM transmitters.

DLO TuneStik Wireless FM Transmitter is the sorta thing I`d love to get for my iPhone but I doubt it`d work with iPhone as it supposedly works with iPods only. So I googled and came up with these two options:-
1. iTransmitter 2 - FM Transmitter with Car Charger and Remote

2.iPod / iPhone 7-in-1 FM Transmitter with Remote & USB Charging Port

Both claim to work with iPhone including the remote. But I really doubt so. Has any one tried any of these FM Transmitters with iPhone. Or can someone give me a better option. My guess is that FM Transmitters which use a long cable to connect to iPhone will receive less interference coz of the distance between iPhone and the transmitter.

billchase2

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2006
Ann Arbor
i don't know anything about either of these... so i can't really help you there. i did find it interesting though that there are now FM transmitters out specifically for iphones. that being the case, do you still get the annoying GSM buzz from them while using them? do you still get the airplane mode message popping up?

DeadThreads

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2007
Vikas,

The 2nd link you posted is one I bought off Ebay for $8 plus shipping.

Save your money though, its not worth a dime.

The thing is poorly designed and lets the iphone fall out, and the transmitter is too weak to get a station. I have another brand of transmitter that works on my ipods but while they do transmit clearly they do not work with the iphone.

If you find a good one PLEASE let me know!!:eek:

scottdlombard

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2007
iPhone and a FM Transmitter

I have not yet found an FM Transmitter that works well with the iPhone that is actually made FOR the iPhone, BUT if you turn on airplaine mode on your iPhone, it will ct out all interferance and you can use the iPhoe with any Regular iPod Transmittersuch as the DLo Pod Good Luck
-Scott D Lombard :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.