Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jesusplay

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
SOUTH
i got it........ i have to angle the screen for it to display right....

god....should i return to bestbuy?

KnucklesMahone

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2007
I don't. I had a a minor one before, but i managed to get hold of a perfect one via friends. No hissing either.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I just saw 3 good models on display at an Apple store in Orlando. Of course, they were out of stock, otherwise.

parrotheadmjb

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2007
for people that have or have seen iPod's with "good" screens, have you also seen the ones with bad screens, im afraid some people just cant tell the difference

JPJones

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2007
Most material I've viewed looks fine. I do have some video that's VERY dark and shows off some negative black but just the slightest tilt fixes the issue. I'm not too worried.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
I would suggest OP return it to BB, and get a good one later.

swapping at store isn't a good solution, IMHO, you don't know what device will be given to you, buy a new one feels much more comfortable.

lunarlie

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2007
my negative black issues only happen indoors and at certain angles [the same as my macbook] so i see no problem. outdoors there's no problem with the blacks, only glaring. and in case anyone is wondering, i have an 8gb.

AppleFan08

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2007
Sorry to be a dick, but you already created a few other threads about whether or not you should return your iPod, and how your sister stole your ipod etc. Either you return the ipod, or you keep it. Simple as that. Make a decision, you're 16 years old, i dont think that's too hard of a task.

TonyHoyle

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2007
Manchester, UK
Mine is very minor (I can see it in the test images but in movies you have to look for it). I mentioned it in the apple store and how minor it was and the guy was really keen for me to swap it out to get a perfect one.. I've got another 10 days or so to decide (if I do I'll do it later so the faulty ones have had time to clear from the sales channels).

It ain't a great display compared to, say, the PSP or N95, but that may just be the type of display apple use is a bit cheap.. and a 'perfect' one may just not be much of an improvement, so I'm inclined not to bother at the moment.

The Gelding

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2007
@ Tony

Sounds like I have a similar issue to you, its not as bad as some I have seen, but for sure its not quite right. I am going to pop into the store tonight to check out the display models, and if they are any better gonna exchange my unit.

It quite difficult as I dont know what a "perfect" screen should look like!

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
for people that have or have seen iPod's with "good" screens, have you also seen the ones with bad screens, im afraid some people just cant tell the difference

I've seen someone's photos online of the problem and none of the 3 I saw in person seemed to have the problem. If there were any defective, they must have removed them.

Which Apple Store was this?

The Florida Mall Apple store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.