Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGav

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 9, 2002
A perfect example of everything that is wrong with our justice system.

Auntie said:
Hulme, of Scarning, was later sentenced to 100 hours of unpaid work and a four-month weekend curfew. He was also ordered to pay £1,000 in compensation.

iGav's Version Of Justice said:
In my world he'd have been ordered to pay to have the damage repaired, he'd also have been ordered to cover the cost of hiring his victim a Lamborghini Murciélago until his own car was repaired. Then I'd have his legs amputated.

Rinky dink link.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
In my world he'd have had his legs chopped off, and further denied access to disability benefits requested as a result of the amputation :D

Tossers. I hate people.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
In my world he'd have had his legs chopped off, and further denied access to disability benefits requested as a result of the amputation :D

Tossers. I hate people.

In my world he'd have been stripped and dragged behind the car down Oxford St on a Saturday!

EDIT: £20k worth of damage and the twunt only has to pay £1,000!
I'd demand the f**kers testicles too!

Some piece of sh*t ran over our Alfa a few years back and caved the roof in. Unfortunately for him one of my mates was in the street and knocked the ****'s teeth out literally. I used to have them until we moved house.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
It's the old "I can't afford it, so I'll trash it" mentality. I thought we'd left that behind in the 80s. Stupid arse.

miloblithe

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Washington, DC
I'd argue there are far bigger fish to fry in this world than an idiot who damages an expensive sports car.

Wasn't the owner insured anyway?

Bartelby, did your mate go to jail/prison for assault?

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
I'd argue there are far bigger fish to fry in this world than an idiot who damages an expensive sports car.

Wasn't the owner insured anyway?

Bartelby, did your mate go to jail/prison for assault?

The guy would have been insured but are you happy for your premiums to go up because of some piece of sh*t?

And no, the other guy didn't report anything.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
To turn the situation around, I hope he gets run over by a Lamborghini Murciélago and gets huge dents on his head, which kill him.

Or maybe the car goes so fast, it just slices him in half.

miloblithe

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Washington, DC
I'm confused. Why wouldn't someone who was assaulted go to the police and report it? Why wouldn't someone whose car was damaged report that?

As for Bartelby's question, I certainly wouldn't my insurance premiums to go up, although I don't really see how they would. I certainly wouldn't mind having seen this idiot get a bigger fine than he did.

Did the person who ran over your car do it on purpose?

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
As for Bartelby's question, I certainly wouldn't my insurance premiums to go up, although I don't really see how they would. I certainly wouldn't mind having seen this idiot get a bigger fine than he did.

Did the person who ran over your car do it on purpose?

Let's see:

**** runs over your car causing £20K of damage. Who's insurance are you going to end up claiming on?

No the person accidentally climbed on the bonnet then on to the roof, jumped up and down on the roof and then climbed off.:rolleyes:

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2004
Note to self: never buy a Lamborghini because they must be pretty flimsy if someone walking on top of it can cause £20K in damage.

I'm not defending what the guy did at all... but I can't tell from that video how he did £20K worth of damage. It's not like he was jumping up and down on it.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
Note to self: never buy a Lamborghini because they must be pretty flimsy if someone walking on top of it can cause £20K in damage.

I'm not defending what the guy did at all... but I can't tell from that video how he did £20K worth of damage. It's not like he was jumping up and down on it.

A roof on a car doesn't take a lot to totally knacker it. It's only a thin steel skin with no internal structural support. On my Alfa I just punched the roof back out from the inside. It left ripple marks in the corners which I could live with, I wouldn't live with it on a £150K+ car

miloblithe

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Washington, DC
Let's see:

**** runs over your car causing £20K of damage. Who's insurance are you going to end up claiming on?

No the person accidentally climbed on the bonnet then on to the roof, jumped up and down on the roof and then climbed off.:rolleyes:

Oh, I thought you meant ran over with his car. I guess that doesn't make a lot of sense. :)

Is this a popular activity in Britain? Strange country you've got over there! I thought you meant he hit it with his car. That's pretty different.

Britain does seem to have a culture of petty crime and fist fighting though.

Hopefully cell phones and the like will help on this front. Being able to take pictures of idiots doing things like this will hopefully make more of them get caught and punished. Probably what, 99% of the time people just cause damage and get away with it?

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
It is a popular activity amongst the retarded. It usually involves the more expensive cars a street too.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Britain does seem to have a culture of petty crime and fist fighting though.
Mostly down to our actual culture, which is binge drinking. Vandalism is normally only practised by complete losers though, especially on something that obviously belongs to someone rather than a corporation.

Our local Lamborghini is one of these, funnily enough in yellow too. It's parked outside Spearmint Rhino at least once a week. I'd like to see what the doormen would do to anyone that tried to run over that :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.