Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coolbreeze

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 20, 2003
UT
Okay. I've missed two bill payments, several appointments, and forget what I need when i get to the grocery store. After selling my old Clie PEG-S300 (because it didn't work with my new iBook, I'm a switcher) I've determined that I really can't think on my own, and need a new PDA.

I really like the Palm Zire 71. The screen looks very nice, and has a camera (although gimmicky) to boot. I need to sync with both my mac and my windows laptop (keeping info/todo/calendar sync'd on both machines at all times). Can I do this while using my Palm/iBook/iCal and my Compaq work PC/Palm software?

Oh yeah, anyone think there is something better than the Zire 71 on the market? Thanks.

-Breeze

hugemullens

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2002
Michigan
you'll go nuts trying to get a Pocket PC to work right with a mac. i got the origonal tungsten from palm open boxed for 299. i love it, its so small and sync's perfectly, with bluetooth to boot!

EDIT: dude now they are only 199 open boxed!

pyrotoaster

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2002
Oak Park, IL
I tell you to get a Newton too, but I haven't seen any Windows syncing software (of course, I haven't looked).

Otherwise, the Zire 71 looks great. I tried one out at an Apple Store and it feels well-built, and the hidden camera is pretty nifty. :p

amin

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2003
Boston, MA
Originally posted by vollspacken
Newton Message Pad 2100 with keyboard and Wi-Fi card...

vSpacken

Under $300 I'd get the Zire 71. Over $300, I'd hold out for the Tungsten|T3.

NavyIntel007

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2002
Tampa, FL
The Zire 71 will do everything you want. If you don't need a camera, I would go with the Tungsten|T2. Bluetooth, small, and bright screen. nuff said. PPC would be a nightmare to get working with a mac.

coolbreeze

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 20, 2003
UT
Well, following my (sometimes dangerous) whimiscal buying nature (see iBook purchase), I just got back from Best Buy with a new Zire 71. Charging now.

Boy, did the Tungsten C look good...but coming in at $499 was kind of steep.

Oh, and I got the BB rep to price match Circuit City to $259. Circuit City was selling an open box one too....and mine was sealed!

But that Tungsten.....................

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.