PDA

View Full Version : Heading to buy a PDA...but which one??

coolbreeze
Aug 21, 2003, 04:55 PM
Okay. I've missed two bill payments, several appointments, and forget what I need when i get to the grocery store. After selling my old Clie PEG-S300 (because it didn't work with my new iBook, I'm a switcher) I've determined that I really can't think on my own, and need a new PDA.

I really like the Palm Zire 71. The screen looks very nice, and has a camera (although gimmicky) to boot. I need to sync with both my mac and my windows laptop (keeping info/todo/calendar sync'd on both machines at all times). Can I do this while using my Palm/iBook/iCal and my Compaq work PC/Palm software?

Oh yeah, anyone think there is something better than the Zire 71 on the market? Thanks.

-Breeze

Rezet
Aug 21, 2003, 05:46 PM
I'd suggest Dell's one... I've seen it in action and it's pretty good.
Besides it starts at 200 bucks for like 300Mhz processor

http://www.dell.com/us/en/dhs/products/series_pda_snp.htm

I'd get that...

hugemullens
Aug 21, 2003, 05:59 PM
you'll go nuts trying to get a Pocket PC to work right with a mac. i got the origonal tungsten from palm open boxed for 299. i love it, its so small and sync's perfectly, with bluetooth to boot!

EDIT: dude now they are only 199 open boxed!

themadchemist
Aug 21, 2003, 06:06 PM
newton!

pyrotoaster
Aug 21, 2003, 06:31 PM
I tell you to get a Newton too, but I haven't seen any Windows syncing software (of course, I haven't looked).

Otherwise, the Zire 71 looks great. I tried one out at an Apple Store and it feels well-built, and the hidden camera is pretty nifty. :p

vollspacken
Aug 21, 2003, 06:35 PM
Newton Message Pad 2100 with keyboard and Wi-Fi card...

vSpacken

amin
Aug 21, 2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by vollspacken
Newton Message Pad 2100 with keyboard and Wi-Fi card...

vSpacken

Under $300 I'd get the Zire 71. Over $300, I'd hold out for the Tungsten|T3.

NavyIntel007
Aug 21, 2003, 07:48 PM
The Zire 71 will do everything you want. If you don't need a camera, I would go with the Tungsten|T2. Bluetooth, small, and bright screen. nuff said. PPC would be a nightmare to get working with a mac.

coolbreeze
Aug 21, 2003, 08:15 PM
Well, following my (sometimes dangerous) whimiscal buying nature (see iBook purchase), I just got back from Best Buy with a new Zire 71. Charging now.

Boy, did the Tungsten C look good...but coming in at $499 was kind of steep.

Oh, and I got the BB rep to price match Circuit City to $259. Circuit City was selling an open box one too....and mine was sealed!

But that Tungsten.....................