PDA

View Full Version : Air Port Express and my iPod Touch

banks19
Sep 20, 2007, 10:26 AM
Can some body answer a dumb question for a noob. I have a mac mini and I just got my touch in the mail from apple! I have never really ever set up a network or wifi before. Can I log onto the the wifi with just my air port card in my mac mini or will I need a wireless router also?

Thanks in advance...:)

ivi7
Sep 20, 2007, 10:27 AM
Can some body answer a dumb question for a noob. I have a mac mini and I just got my touch in the mail from apple! I have never really ever set up a network or wifi before. Can I log onto the the wifi with just my air port card in my mac mini or will I need a wireless router also?

You will need a wireless router if you want to access the internet from your touch.

wizzracer
Sep 20, 2007, 03:23 PM

You can use your express to setup a wifi system without a router. You will not be able to access the Internet. You can then use your IPT on it.

California King
Sep 20, 2007, 03:30 PM
Can you use wifi if you have a protected network? I heard that it only works if theres no password on your router.

ivi7
Sep 20, 2007, 03:39 PM
Can you use wifi if you have a protected network? I heard that it only works if theres no password on your router.

Yes you can use wifi if you have a protected network.

Rapmastac1
Sep 20, 2007, 04:24 PM
Yes, you can connect to a protected network, I use it at my college and it works fine (so easy to set it up on a Mac compared to setting it up on my Windows XP partition...)

mari0
Sep 21, 2007, 08:26 AM
Easy peasy. Just click your wirless icon at the top and click create network. You can work out the rest from there. When you have finished that just go to preferences and then sharing then click the internet tab and you can then work the rest out from there. Then just connect to your network with your touch created by your mac mini and then you can go on the internet!