Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iketeru

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
Well, it seem like the pre-orders are starting to pour in (today for the lucky ones) -- I think it's important for us to figure out if the screen issue has been solved.

Please report your model number and first few digits of serial #, so we can figure out a pattern (if one exists)... I'll do this first thing when I get it tomorrow!! :D

spidey1703

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2007
Someone on the Apple Discussion Board received their pre-order this morning and it has NO defects.

Their serial number is 9C738....

A week 38 model, not 37 like the rest have bought in stores

marcongj

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2007
My Pre-order has a different product number PA instead of MA and there are no defects

Sweetbike40

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2007
NY/NJ
Box Cover/Serial Number

I got mine but i'm at work and can't set it up yet. But i read on the Apple discussion board of the box cover art. My box has Macy Gray on it. Different cover than the Touch's in the store.
It's MA627LL/A
Serial 9C738....
I hope it's a good one. But no need to stress. If time shows a bad screen, it will be exchanged. We have a year. They are aware of the problems.

I ordered it Sept 5th around 4pm no engraving.

I'll post back later if it's a good one.

Someone else here got one and has it running.... i'll find him and see what his screen looks like.

Sir. Cheesecake

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2007
Just got mine as well. Box is different, Macy Gray as opposed to that one chick on the ones in store. Everythings good so far.

MA627ll

Sir. Cheesecake

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2007
Sooo...

Macy Gray = good
Other Chick = broke my ipod?

apparently.
heres the pic:
DSC_0047-1.jpg

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
thats awesome. I actually just turned mine on so I could feel what it felt like for the first time... again... good luck figuring out what Im trying to say *sigh*

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
sir cheesecake

sir cheesecake, could you post pictures of the ipod touch from different viewing angles using the this picture

i would like to see if its fixed or just a perception problem. Is that possible?? Everyone would appreciate you and give you... stuff

** stuff = appreciation

starnox

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2005
Maybe macy gray is for 8GB touches?

Anyway the macy grey box looks why better. Dunno why they used this other chick, haven't even heard of her!

mode101

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2007
No Macy Gray here...

Mine showed up at work this morning. It doesn't have Macy Gray on the cover, it has Corrine Bailey Rae. It's a week 38, and my screen is A-OK. :D

Sweetbike40

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2007
NY/NJ
Good ONe

I just asked my co-worker and said his is fine, video good. I suppose the boxes with Macy Grey are good.

Sir. Cheesecake

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2007
DSC_0049-1.jpg

DSC_0058-2.jpg

DSC_0060-3.jpg

DSC_0061-4.jpg

The first three are displaying the picture fine. The last one shows the angle that i get the negative effect at. The weird thing it appears to be only one way flipped that i get the negative effect facing downwards. If i was to flip the ipod 180 degrees i would get the negative effect if i tilted it upwards not downwards. So in short, I have the negative effect but not at a normal viewing
angle.

15 or so degrees seems to be where i get it at. Anyone else have the same thing?

benson304

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2007
TX
I have a week 37 pre-order with Corine Baley Rae on the cover and there is an issue with the screen.

I will be going to an apple store this weekend to work out an exchange.

i0Nic

macrumors 65816
May 17, 2006
Sydney, Australia
The first three are displaying the picture fine. The last one shows the angle that i get the negative effect at. The weird thing it appears to be only one way flipped that i get the negative effect facing downwards. If i was to flip the ipod 180 degrees i would get the negative effect if i tilted it upwards not downwards. So in short, I have the negative effect but not at a normal viewing
angle.

15 or so degrees seems to be where i get it at. Anyone else have the same thing?

That's normal for an LCD screen. As long as it appears good from most watchable viewing angles I wouldn't complain.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.