PDA

View Full Version : Deleted Video's continue to re-appear?

WILLDOGS
Sep 20, 2007, 12:04 PM
I'm having a small issue.

There were about 3 small video clips that I placed on my Ipod touch a few days ago. After I was done with them, I deleted them from the ipod itself and not using itunes. Poof! they were gone.

Now a few days later, they keep re-appearing in my video list as an "icon" or "selection" in the video list, but when I try to play them it tells me that the video cannot be played. (obviously because it was deleted duh!)

So far, what has worked is removing the video via itunes instead of right from the touch. I'll let you know if it acts up again.

I'm guessing that I found a small software bug? it pretty annoying since the clips were of an "adult" nature and now they would keep re-appearing when I am showing my boss and other co-workers haha.

Arisian
Sep 20, 2007, 12:11 PM
seems like its keeping the ipt video meta data on the ipt. when it goes to sync with itunes it still thinks its there so it doesnt load the actual file.

Certainly a bug. good catch. now go make me some hax!

Bsmith
Sep 20, 2007, 12:11 PM
Are you manually or automatically syncing with your computer?

WILLDOGS
Sep 20, 2007, 12:14 PM
manually

Sean Dempsey
Sep 20, 2007, 12:18 PM
deleting them from the ipod doesn't seem to work, when you go back to itunes it puts them back on. Been through it a few times now trying to use the delete feature on the touch.

also, when I reclassified a video from Movie to Television, I couldn't get it to show up in the touch's list, even though in itunes I could play it off the touch. I had to delete it from the ipod, itunes, and then reimport it for it to come back.