PDA

View Full Version : Is my Ipod touch bad?

bogman12
Sep 20, 2007, 02:08 PM
Watching Prison Break last night in a dark room, I was definitely able to see the "negative black" effect.

However, watching the same movie at work right now under normal office lighting, the affect is almost none existent..

Now, my question is: Should the blacks look black without ANY negative black effect when watching a dark movie in a dimly lit room?

gloss
Sep 20, 2007, 02:11 PM
There should be no negative black issue when viewing the screen straight on.

Mine has the issue about as bad as yours, and I'm going to get it replaced tonight.

gkarris
Sep 20, 2007, 02:14 PM
Watching Prison Break last night in a dark room, I was definitely able to see the "negative black" effect.

However, watching the same movie at work right now under normal office lighting, the affect is almost none existent..

Now, my question is: Should the blacks look black without ANY negative black effect when watching a dark movie in a dimly lit room?

Look at your serial number. It has the numbers 36, 37, or 38 (prodution week). Many of the 36's and 37's are bad. Week 38 starts all the good screens...

bogman12
Sep 20, 2007, 02:16 PM
Also, what brightness setting do you have? I have mine at 25% from the lowest.

Who is replacing your's? I got mine at Best Buy and they said they want the manager to test it before claiming that it's defective, I know that in a bright place like best buy, the negative black won't shop up as well as in a dark room.

gkarris
Sep 20, 2007, 02:18 PM
Also, what brightness setting do you have? I have mine at 25% from the lowest.

Who is replacing your's? I got mine at Best Buy and they said they want the manager to test it before claiming that it's defective, I know that in a bright place like best buy, the negative black won't shop up as well as in a dark room.

Bring them a copy of an article describing the defect and that Apple has now admitted it. Make sure you're only exchanging it (they may be more reluctant to give you a refund).