Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What will be announced at Mac Expo Paris on September 25th?

• New Penryn Mac Pro demo and ship dates?

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Leopard info and ship date?

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • New ACDs?

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • MacBook updates?

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Just more iPhone and iPod cr@p that we already know.

Votes: 12 34.3%

• Total voters

netdog

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
London
Well, the iPhone announcements are all out of the way. Nothing new to show on that front, but Steve is in Paris.

So what are we going to get on the 25th?

New Mac Pro announcements now that Intel has officially introduced and demoed Penryn?

Leopard dates?

New ACDs?

Something else?

Prove to all of us that YOU are the master prognosticator.

And CHECK ALL THAT APPLY

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Where's the option for nothing? Is there even going to be an Apple keynote? Doesn't seem like they've announced anything there since the iMac G5 in 2004...

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
I'm thinking this year we might actually see something of substance since Jobs is trying to get the EU on his good side.Who knows maybe he's taking a vacation in Paris after Orange announced the iPhone in France.

na

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001
Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
They Can't Announce New Mac Pro Until It Ships With Leopard - November

New or updated Mac Pro (hopefully totally new!) and Leopard release date.
They can't do the Mac Pro before Leopard ships 'cause of supply build up time and 'cause it would kill all current Mac Pro sales in the mean time. There are still a vast majority that pay no attention to when models are changing and will buy Quad Core Mac Pros right up to the announcement date. Look for long Mac Pro Online order shipping dates to pre-date the announcement in early November. :)
10.5 will get a ship date and Apple will say they partnered with Orange for the iPhone in France.
Zactly. This will be a SteveNote all about Leopard and when it will ship - Friday October 26 (my guess)

netdog

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
London
How can I edit the poll to make some additions?

I do think that iTMS movie rentals could be announced. AppleTV upgrades or firmware updates are a possibility too.

Also, it's a longshot, but the ultraslim optical-free books are a possibility too. Since 9to5 has published on these, they are certainly going to appear at some point, and pre-Xmas would be perfect timing.

Jobs did say that 2007 would be a great year for the Mac.

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
I would hope for some iPhone/touch upgrades - new icons (syncing notes).

Sales and Leopard will likely dominate.

Ultraportable macbook would rock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.