PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or does the music coming out of my 160GB Classic sound VERY thin?

MK25toLife
Sep 20, 2007, 05:12 PM
I'm on my 4th iPod and this Classic 160GB just sounds very thin in comparison to my old iPods (2nd Gen, Photo and Video). I just don't hear the fullness of some of my favorite tracks that I know by heart. Maybe it's b/c I'm a producer and listen to music differently than most people but the poor sound quality seems to be very obvious to me. Anyone else feel the same way?

MattG
Sep 20, 2007, 05:17 PM
I'm on my 4th iPod and this Classic 160GB just sounds very thin in comparison to my old iPods (2nd Gen, Photo and Video). I just don't hear the fullness of some of my favorite tracks that I know by heart. Maybe it's b/c I'm a producer and listen to music differently than most people but the poor sound quality seems to be very obvious to me. Anyone else feel the same way?

Being you're an audio professional, I probably don't have to ask these questions, but:

a. Are you using some decent headphones, or are you using the ones that come with the iPod?
b. Have you tried some different EQ settings?

GimmeSlack12
Sep 20, 2007, 05:24 PM
I'm an Acoustic Consultant and my 80gig Classic sounds fine to me. This is with some Sony headphones. By the word 'thin' I'm assuming you mean not enough low-end?