PDA

View Full Version : iPod classic or touch?

ds252
Sep 20, 2007, 05:23 PM
I would like to know from Video and touch owners why either one is better in your opinion i am about to go out and return my Classic and get a touch but i'm still undecided, wifi is a plus but how often outside of your home will you have wifi plus i like having the 80GB and 200$ in my pocket.

jmpage2
Sep 20, 2007, 05:39 PM
Do a search, this has been beaten to death here already.

B.A.
Sep 20, 2007, 05:40 PM
I would like to know from Video and touch owners why either one is better in your opinion i am about to go out and return my Classic and get a touch but i'm still undecided, wifi is a plus but how often outside of your home will you have wifi plus i like having the 80GB and 200$ in my pocket.

If you need the capacity, stick with the Video. A lot of cities have places (stores, coffee shops, restaurants, etc.) with free WiFi, which makes the touch a good choice. I have the 16gb touch because I don't carry that many videos around with me at once, and my music collection is only 6gb.

techlover828
Sep 21, 2007, 05:58 AM
go with the touch, the interface on the classic is so slow, imo

edesignuk
Sep 21, 2007, 06:03 AM
Comes down to a few points that only you can decide on.

Do you have a LOT of music, and do you want to carry it with you at all times?
Do you want to be able to browse the internet on your iPod?
If you do want to be able to browse the internet, can you? Is there's enough WiFi around to make it worth while?

Evangelion
Sep 21, 2007, 06:10 AM

Classic has more storage, better battery-life, it's cheaper and it works better with existing iPod-Accessories.

Touch is smaller and lighter, has bigger screen, more features and includes WiFi. It also does not have hard-drive, so it should be more durable.

Now, to comment on your individual comments: "wifi is a plus but how often outside of your home will you have wifi". Just about all the time. WiFi is everywhere these days. "plus i like having the 80GB and 200$ in my pocket.". Then keep the classic. It's not a bad product by any stretch of the imagination.

TonyHoyle
Sep 21, 2007, 06:55 AM
Just about all the time. WiFi is everywhere these days.

Where do you live? Wifi is *hard* to find around here. Outside Starbucks/Costa Coffee it's virtually nonexistant... and they charge an arm and a leg for access.

Of course if you know where you look there are hidden places which might even have free access (I know of 2 places but I asked permission to use theirs).. but it's a *long* way from saying 'wifi is everywhere'.

Stetwin
Sep 21, 2007, 07:14 AM
Where do you live? Wifi is *hard* to find around here. Outside Starbucks/Costa Coffee it's virtually nonexistant... and they charge an arm and a leg for access.

Of course if you know where you look there are hidden places which might even have free access (I know of 2 places but I asked permission to use theirs).. but it's a *long* way from saying 'wifi is everywhere'.

Agreed, I live in a small town and finding a WiFi access point is almost impossible, the only places I know that have them are Lloyds bars, Starbucks and Costa coffee,

Evangelion
Sep 21, 2007, 02:46 PM
Where do you live? Wifi is *hard* to find around here.

Near Helsinki, Finland. Helsinki has free public WiFi. And there are loads of private open networks as well (some intentionally open, others... not intentionally open).

BrettFarve04
Sep 21, 2007, 03:13 PM
I predict within the next 1-2 years Wi-Fi will be a common thing in most cities. I'm in a different city every single week and I'm able to pick up Wi-fi on a lot of my wireless devices.