Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PhightinPhils26

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
Philly
Here is my issue. I am new to the world of mac... I have had my macbook for just under a year and I am really looking forward to purchasing an iMac in the VERY near future.

My question is should I wait for the new OS? Are new mac OS updates like windows ones? Also, with the new os does the prices of imac usually jump?

Sorry for my ignorance.

flopticalcube

macrumors G4
Here is my issue. I am new to the world of mac... I have had my macbook for just under a year and I am really looking forward to purchasing an iMac in the VERY near future.

My question is should I wait for the new OS? Are new mac OS updates like windows ones? Also, with the new os does the prices of imac usually jump?

Sorry for my ignorance.

The price of the iMac won't jump. When Leopard is announced (but before its released), buy an iMac with Tiger and Apple will give you a discount on Leopard (like 80% or more). Then you can upgrade when you feel it is right.

PhightinPhils26

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
Philly
The price of the iMac won't jump. When Leopard is announced (but before its released), buy an iMac with Tiger and Apple will give you a discount on Leopard (like 80% or more). Then you can upgrade when you feel it is right.

Really, is that what they usually do?

blumoon

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2007

Thanks so much flopticalcube. That's exactly what I'm going to do. So if Leopard is due in Oct, wouldn't it be released this month?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.