PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best PDA for me?

Rezet
Aug 21, 2003, 09:30 PM
Hey...
What would you say is the best Handheld?
I was lookig at Dell Axim 300Mhz ($199.99) and Palm Zire 71 ($289.99)

I was wonderinf if any of you who dealt with wither can give me pros and cons on both. Budget is 300 bucks...

I just don't know why Dell at 2x speed and stuff costs 90 bucks less... Is there any catch there? HOw do they operate with macs?
And is it possible to hook up AXIM to macs?

P.S. This isn't to start any wars here, just want to know your opinions... I don't know which ones is better... Never used PDA b4.

plinkoman
Aug 21, 2003, 09:43 PM
the axim really is a hell of a deal, i'd get that and spend the other $100 left in your budget on a big memory card, a good case, and stuff like that

i don't know how they operate with mac's though

Rezet
Aug 21, 2003, 11:06 PM
Well, Dell said they don't connect to macs.... BUMMER...
Well should have seen it coming since they run on WINDOWS!

ZIre has camera.. thats cool...

Daveman Deluxe
Aug 21, 2003, 11:31 PM
There are programs you can get that will let you sync a Pocket PC with a Mac. I don't know the website (I have a Palm) but I think it's called "The Missing Sync".

Sorry I can't help more than that. Good luck with your decision!

rainman::|:|
Aug 21, 2003, 11:59 PM
not to sound cynical, but find a store with a good return policy. i find a lot of people invest a chunk of cash in a PDA, only to shove it under the couch after a week, never to use it again. Might as well get your money back if it loses it's luster like that...

pnw

Rezet
Aug 22, 2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by paulwhannel
not to sound cynical, but find a store with a good return policy. i find a lot of people invest a chunk of cash in a PDA, only to shove it under the couch after a week, never to use it again. Might as well get your money back if it loses it's luster like that...

pnw

Really? Why is that I'm curious. I mean why do they get it in a first place?