Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Describe your iPod touch...

• Ordered online: BAD Screen

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Ordered online: Week 38 GOOD Screen

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Ordered online: Pre-week 38 GOOD Screen

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Bought in store: BAD Screen

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Bought in store: Week 38 GOOD Screen

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Bought in store: Pre-week 38 GOOD Screen

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Adokimus

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
Boston, MA
I'm in the boat of people who are waiting on a pre-ordered touch. I'm just wondering if the people who are starting to get them in the mail are having a better or worse time with the now-infamous screen issue.

Thanks,

Ado

adauge

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2007
I'm in the boat of people who are waiting on a pre-ordered touch. I'm just wondering if the people who are starting to get them in the mail are having a better or worse time with the now-infamous screen issue.

Thanks,

Ado
I don't know I'm not opening my pre-order I'm going to the apple store today to return it. Quick question though, how do you know what week you have.

adauge

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2007
Never mind I figured out how to tell and mine is week 36. Mine must be really bad.

triela

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2007
I wanted to point out, as I already have in other threads, that I both bought a Week 37 Touch from a retail Apple Store, and also received a Week 38 Touch pre-ordered from Apple Store Online.

If I hadn't done a side-by-side comparison, I would have thought that my Week 37 was "perfectly fine", except for heavy blacks. I didn't have much noticeable negative effect, and compared to the "horrible negative effect" screenshots that have been floating around, my Week 37 looked golden.

Upon examining the Week 38, I now realize that the Week 37 is definitely, absolutely a bad screen, even though I never would have thought so otherwise. The level of shadow detail and definition in "blacks" has unmistakably improved in the Week 38.

Not to say that it's surely true for anyone else, but I think there are many people who are assuming the Week 37 screens are good simply because they have a) only seen screenshots that display only horribly extreme cases of bad screens and b) they haven't had a chance to compare them to Week 38s.

~ $0.02

Adokimus

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
Boston, MA
I wanted to point out, as I already have in other threads, that I both bought a Week 37 Touch from a retail Apple Store, and also received a Week 38 Touch pre-ordered from Apple Store Online.

If I hadn't done a side-by-side comparison, I would have thought that my Week 37 was "perfectly fine", except for heavy blacks. I didn't have much noticeable negative effect, and compared to the "horrible negative effect" screenshots that have been floating around, my Week 37 looked golden.

Upon examining the Week 38, I now realize that the Week 37 is definitely, absolutely a bad screen, even though I never would have thought so otherwise. The level of shadow detail and definition in "blacks" has unmistakably improved in the Week 38.

Not to say that it's surely true for anyone else, but I think there are many people who are assuming the Week 37 screens are good simply because they have a) only seen screenshots that display only horribly extreme cases of bad screens and b) they haven't had a chance to compare them to Week 38s.

~ $0.02

Yeah, that makes sense. But it's still worth noting that a lot more people had noticeably bad screens from the store and not from being shipped.

-Ado

Bsmith

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2007
yeah, I was scared too get my touch at first. But my week 38 is impressive, im pumped on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.