Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steveoh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
help this newbie out. this is my first mac so i'm pretty much clueless. i'm learning slowly.

so i downloaded google earth. i tried using it last night and when i put the mouse over the goole earth icon, i see a big "?" and it wont open up. i want to uninstall the program.

al lambert

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2013
im trying to learn more on my imac,,,i have no one that can help me,,is there any help out here for uninstalling and cleaning my imac?????? thank you

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
im trying to learn more on my imac,,,i have no one that can help me,,is there any help out here for uninstalling and cleaning my imac?????? thank you

One of the best methods for learning your new machine is to use Apple's Find Out How video series. You can find it by clicking;

http://www.apple.com/findouthow/

To remove apps the best method is:

1. Search for the developers instructions for uninstalling. If there are none then use step 2.
2. Use a tool such as App Zapper or AppCleaner
3. Drag the app to the Trash.

OS X is not like MS Windows, with most apps dragging the App to the Trash is sufficient however if you install apps that spread themselves all over your system then use Step 1 or 2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.