Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
I think it really paid off for the people who pre-ordered and are now getting week 38 models with the better screen. I know a lot of us were complaining that they were showing up at stores while we had to wait (I know, I was one of them) but, it looks like our (forced) patience paid off because now we don't have to deal with the hassle of getting defective units and being angry at Apple and worrying if our next one will be better.

Hip hip horray for the people who pre-ordered!

Also, I feel bad for people who ran out to get them at the stores... I'm not flaming any of you... just return it and get a week 38 model.

By the way, I now have a week 38 'touch and the screen is amazing. Also, for some reason, the box I got had the Corinne chick on it... I thought the 38's were coming in the Macy Gray box... oh well. By the way, did anyone else notice that the boxes on Apple's website has the Macy Gray cover?

eclipxe

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
I preordered, got a week 37, not Macy Gray box. Didn't open it, returning it ASAP.

rumz

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
My pre-order didn't have a Macy Gray box either-- but it is week 38 and the screen is excellent.

Dijo John

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2007
I've been waiting for more than 2 weeks after I ordered and the status hasn't changed from "Not yet shipped".
This excruciatingly painful ordeal can be compensated only if I get a picture-perfect flawless iPod touch. I really hope the "week 39" model would be even better than the "week 38" model, which still seems to be getting sporadic complaints

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.