PDA

View Full Version : iPod classic compilations = EGAD

magius
Sep 21, 2007, 07:00 PM
i can't believe that there is not more of an uproar over how the classic is treating compilatin albums. In the past, artists and songs in a compilation album were omitted from the artist list when browsing music.... i don't know what happenned, but now they are ALL being shown. Browsing through artists with only one song under their name because of this borders on inane. Not to mention how this affects cover flow, ugh.

You'd think that they'd offer more capacity and improve interface in order to manage the amount of music implicit with users demanding such capacity. This is a vast step down... and I will perhaps be resorted to renaming all my compilation artists to something mundane, like various or such... which is crazy.... sometimes, strangely, you'd like to know who's singing.

Does anyone have any other workarounds (sort artist thing does not work, it only rearranges)? Or has anyone heard if apple is actively working on a fix? Because if not, I am royally pissed. I'm beginning to doubt apple's abilities.

zioxide
Sep 21, 2007, 07:10 PM
File a bug report on apple's website

They'll eventually fix it through a software update