Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hugh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2003
Erie, PA
Is it possible to play World of War Craft on the Mac Mini Solo. I will be getting some money next month where I be able to pay the monthly fee. So I am thinking about getting this game.

Also which version is better? The Mac version or the PC version?

Thanks!! :D

Hugh

aaron.lee2006

macrumors 65816
Feb 23, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Is it possible to play World of War Craft on the Mac Mini Solo. I will be getting some money next month where I be able to pay the monthly fee. So I am thinking about getting this game.

Also which version is better? The Mac version or the PC version?

Thanks!! :D

Hugh

What do you mean which one is better? It's the same game...

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
First both version come on the same install.

And secondly the windows 'version' will run better. Get lots of RAM btw.

redsteven

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2006
I don't think the performance difference will be nearly as enormous as your average game, because blizzard actually cares about its mac versions.

I noticed a significant increase in performance when upgrading my imac from 1 gig of ram to 2 gigs.

Your bottleneck is going to be your GPU, so you'll probably need to keep most of the settings turned down.

slayr-cxf50

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2007
Australia
Well, I play WoW on my macbook, and on the windows side it runs much better. The mac side's WoW is unplayable. Seeing as the macbook and the solo both have integrated graphics, one would assume the situation would be the same.

samh004

macrumors 68020
Mar 1, 2004
Australia
Well, I play WoW on my macbook, and on the windows side it runs much better. The mac side's WoW is unplayable. Seeing as the macbook and the solo both have integrated graphics, one would assume the situation would be the same.

I believe on Windows you can allocate more RAM to the integrated graphics / they have better drivers.

Hugh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2003
Erie, PA
Input

Thanks for the input guys. Yeah, I was wondering which version ran better, because how Windows manages the Video better then Mac OS X does.

Hugh

Carrot007

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2006
Yorkshire
I certainly is possible and i even used to do it with the stock 512mb ram! (do make sure everything else is quit though).

I spose it depends on the res you use as the how fast it would be and the setting do need to be turned down a lot!

However I got bored of the game, though it certainly was not because of playability issues (I used my pc for it in equal measures)

Hugh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2003
Erie, PA
Game play?

Oh, not that good of a game huh? I have played UO (hated it), then I went to AC (Ashrun's Call (sp?). I really liked that game because there are no player killers (Only Player killers can attack other player killers) I would love to go back to AC, but there's hardly anyone on there any more.

How do you up your skills? Is it like UO or like AC (I prefer AC)

I certainly is possible and i even used to do it with the stock 512mb ram! (do make sure everything else is quit though).

I spose it depends on the res you use as the how fast it would be and the setting do need to be turned down a lot!

However I got bored of the game, though it certainly was not because of playability issues (I used my pc for it in equal measures)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.