Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

astrostu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 15, 2007
I'm curious to know if anyone has full capabilities of a web-based mail client on their touch.

The one my school uses lets me read mail but I can't send anything.

GMail lets me go to the page to compose mail, but by the time I finish typing in the send address, the whole page goes completely black and nothing else happens so I have to go back a page.

This is a big selling point for my dad, so I'm trying to give him a comprehensive "heads up," and so far my advice to him is to wait because none seem to be working for me.

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
well i haven't gotten my touch yet...but i have read through these threads a lot and watched tons of videos..i learned from one of the threads (ipod touch unboxing and high defi. vids) i think.....but he says that for GMail, after you login go to the bottom of the page an click on "standard HTML"....try that out and watch the third video posted on the forum posted by colto...

Good Luck!!

Tommyzors

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2007
well i haven't gotten my touch yet...but i have read through these threads a lot and watched tons of videos..i learned from one of the threads (ipod touch unboxing and high defi. vids) i think.....but he says that for GMail, after you login go to the bottom of the page an click on "standard HTML"....try that out and watch the third video posted on the forum posted by colto...

Good Luck!!

I logged on fine to GMail, I didn't even change nothing none of that HTML stuff. I can view all my e-mails fine.

solarguy17

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2007
i havent had any sending email. Since it is the actual internet the internet based programs should work,

I use Yahoo and Purdue Webmail both seem to work like they do on my comp.

tmmaec

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2007
The key to using Gmail on the iPT is you have to disable the "Rich formatting" to type in the body of an email.

jcoakes9

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2007
Try going to m.gmail.com - its not as nice looking, but a tad easier to use on the iPod touch, and I'm pretty sure sending works fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.