Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sunchamp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
When on Safari my touch keeps kicking me out of safari. It will just take me to the main menu. Is this happening to anyone else? I have week 38 with a great screen and no hiss but is this worthy of return?

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
When on Safari my touch keeps kicking me out of safari. It will just take me to the main menu. Is this happening to anyone else? I have week 38 with a great screen and no hiss but is this worthy of return?

yes we know

software update will fix it hopefully

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
its a common problem since the release of iPhone, probably due to software bugs, how long will it take for apple to figure out a way to fix it? I have no idea.

at least for now, it doesn't really bother people very much.

sunchamp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
yes we know

software update will fix it hopefully

Sorry I didn't know it has been discussed. Is this a problem with the 38's as in no point in returning? Has anyone called support about this yet?

sunchamp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Another thing, not sure if anyone has this problem but it's worth a shot. I have my car hardwired and have played the third generation and fifth generation ipods just fine on it. It works through a plug that plugs into the charging port and plays the music through my car stereo however the touch keeps pausing songs when plugged in, sometime two or three times per song. I then have to press play and wait for it to happen again. Any ideas?

wizzracer

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2007
Dallas, Texas
Another thing, not sure if anyone has this problem but it's worth a shot. I have my car hardwired and have played the third generation and fifth generation ipods just fine on it. It works through a plug that plugs into the charging port and plays the music through my car stereo however the touch keeps pausing songs when plugged in, sometime two or three times per song. I then have to press play and wait for it to happen again. Any ideas?

There is something goong on here with cars.

My Alpine Touch screen has no problems. My friends has the breakout box and it freaks on his IPT.

tm1000

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2007
Sorry I didn't know it has been discussed. Is this a problem with the 38's as in no point in returning? Has anyone called support about this yet?

......................................__................................................
.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll..................................
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll................................
..............lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,...........................
...............lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-..*`*;..)..........................
.................,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/...................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*....................
................|.../.../.../.*`..............................)....)¯`~,..................
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---........../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../....................
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|......................
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,...................
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,...........................

its a common problem since the release of iPhone, probably due to software bugs, how long will it take for apple to figure out a way to fix it? I have no idea.

at least for now, it doesn't really bother people very much.

tm1000

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2007

Probably not compatible. If you called any tech support that's what they would say. It's technology

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2007
Florida

did you happen to read the previous post that said its been a problem since iphone???

sunchamp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
did you happen to read the previous post that said its been a problem since iphone???

I do not have an iphone or want an iphone so why would I have read that thread? If you are so upset about having to take the time to read a thread I created because I had a question, then why would you take the time to respond to it? Anyways, I simply powered down the ipod a couple of times and the problem has stopped, I have not tried it in the car as of yet. I'll let you guys (that want to know) how that goes later today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.