PDA

View Full Version : Shure headphones- do they stay in while jogging?

iansilv
Sep 22, 2007, 02:42 AM
Hi-
I have been looking at these:

http://www.shure.com/PersonalAudio/Products/Earphones/SEModels/index.htm

I heard the Shure headphones stayed in your ear while jogging. Has anyone here had any experience with this? What are the best headphones to use while jogging? My regular ipod headphones just fall out of my ears. :(

Sesshi
Sep 22, 2007, 02:51 AM
First of all, it's a very stupid idea to use Shures while jogging, regardless of whether they stay in or not. These are isolating earphones and as such you won't be able to hear what's going on.

I can go on about other practicalities of using these for that purpose, but this is the main thing.

I'd recommend something like the Sennheiser PMX/OMX70.

iansilv
Sep 22, 2007, 11:30 AM
thanks for the tip. I jog on a treadmill.

Have you used those seinheiser headphones while jogging? Do they stay in your ears? What headphones do you use while jogging?

If you do not jog while listening to an ipod, can someone here please tell me what they use?

jockmock
Sep 22, 2007, 11:42 AM
omg, do not jog with in-ear phones. Sweat will **** them up big time.
Buy something better for jogging, like sony's streetstyle phones or the nike+ phones.

Sesshi
Sep 22, 2007, 12:20 PM
thanks for the tip. I jog on a treadmill.

You should have said!!!! :p

Yeah... the sweat issue is there (water = death for balanced armature phones), and you'll feel more 'bunged up' (honestly) during heavy exertions with these. There's also the issue of foot noise thumping in the phones.

I'd stick to regular, open sports-style phones which are sweat resistant, either by design or by sealing. If you want isolation, stick to the cheaper Sony/JVC/Creative in-ear buds which you can replace as and when they're sweat-damaged.