PDA

View Full Version : UK ipod nano faulty, replacement?

cb31
Sep 22, 2007, 04:08 AM
My 10 month old Black 8gig nano has developed a fault where if you brush against the headphone jack it crackles and goes only on one stereo channel. I presume the socket is a bit faulty.

I was going to take it to my local apple store to get it fixed, although I imagine they would just replace it as it would cost more to fix. Is this true first of all?

If they do replace it would they replace it with a similar one or one of the new stubby nano's, which I would obviously prefer? I can afford to wait a couple of months as I can live with the fault if it meant getting a new gen one. Thanks

Tom B.
Sep 22, 2007, 07:48 AM
Have you tested with a few pairs of headphones, or just one?
It could just be a problem with the headphones.
But if the iPod is faulty, they should replace or repair it for free since you are within the 1 year warranty. Not sure if they'll give you a new nano though.

Tumeg101
Sep 22, 2007, 12:45 PM
They will most likely give you a replacement of your current nano, so they have 1 less prev. gen nano to sell... lol

cb31
Sep 22, 2007, 01:07 PM
That's what I thought, so maybe if I delay my return by a couple of months they will have run out of 2nd gen nanos. Looks like a moot point now as I have just tried it again and I can't get it to fail so maybe it's fixed itself.

I will probably buy a new ipod anyway in a couple of weeks as I am flying so the vat free prices at Dixons look good. Just got to decide whether nano or touch, if they are available by then.