PDA

View Full Version : I'm the Only WHo Thinks This Sounds Funny (Best Buy Return)

Rapmastac1
Sep 22, 2007, 11:28 AM
Well I have ordered through Best Buy online about two weeks ago for an iPod touch and I finally got it a few days ago, and I love it. BUT I have that negative screen issue and am returning it, which Best Buy doesn't seem to have a problem with. So I call them to make sure they have the model I want (and the week) and they do, but as of now (sat morn) they only have 5 of the ones I want, and only two of them are the right week.

So I say, ok, I can't come down til 4 becuase I have to work, and on a Sat, I could easily imagine that to be a problem becuase they will be sold out instantly. So I ask if they could hold it (and this was yesterday for the first) and they said no, so I asked if they might have them on Sunday, and she just told me, good luck, there might not be any. I first thought this a bit fishy of them to say that, after I had explained my reason for wanting it (the return).

So I called this morning and ask them if they could hold it after telling them my story. They said no, becuase it's such a high demand item. So I told them this "Ok, I think that sounds a little funny, I already paid for a product, almost 500 dollars, and it's defective, and Apple has finally openly admitted that. I bought it about two weeks ago and I finally got it and it is the defective one. The closest Best Buy, which is you guys, is over a half an hour away through some of the worst traffic, and you tell me that you can't hold my item, that doesn't make sense since I already bought the item. He said to me that they can't hold it, so I asked to speak to a manager. About fifteen minutes later he comes back and says he can't find the manager, he told me to call him back in about fifteen minutes.

I think it's so screwed up that I already bought this, it's defective, and they can't hold one for me when i get there, I know it's high demand, but it's the principle of the thing darnit!

Am I the only one who think this funny?

queshy
Sep 22, 2007, 11:33 AM
It's weird how they don't want to hold it. It's not like they're losing much by not selling it to someone else since there's almost no margin on the iPods. And they're pretty much going to sell out anyway once they get more...I would speak w/ the manager.

jones14
Sep 22, 2007, 11:34 AM
I don't find it funny, I'm disgusted at how poor the customer service is though.

xerikx
Sep 22, 2007, 11:36 AM
nothing surprises me with Best Buy - look at all the Geek Squad complaints and how they rip people off with their "warranties"

Rapmastac1
Sep 22, 2007, 11:39 AM
Well, I'm calling now and no one is friggin answering.

Rapmastac1
Sep 22, 2007, 11:46 AM
I finally got a hold of the manager and he said he couldn't put it on hold becuase it's such a high demand item. He told me he'll make an excuse for this one time but I only have until noon (only an hour away, wut the F*&^) for me to pick it up. He said that I would have to go through Apple to get it fixed (I would love to do that but the Apple store near me doesn't have the damned thing in stock) So he helped me with absolutly nothing, this is unnacceptable! I only paid almost 500.00 bucks for it, and he tells me I can't take care of that issue through them, then wy the F*$% are they selling it!

PezRadar
Sep 22, 2007, 11:51 AM
I finally got a hold of the manager and he said he couldn't put it on hold becuase it's such a high demand item. He told me he'll make an excuse for this one time but I only have until noon (only an hour away, wut the F*&^) for me to pick it up. He said that I would have to go through Apple to get it fixed (I would love to do that but the Apple store near me doesn't have the damned thing in stock) So he helped me with absolutly nothing, this is unnacceptable! I only paid almost 500.00 bucks for it, and he tells me I can't take care of that issue through them, then wy the F*$% are they selling it!

Its a 30 day return policy at Best Buy.. You still have 2 weeks.

jamesybsu
Sep 22, 2007, 11:56 AM
Best Buy has the worst customer service known to man. It is always a pain in the butt to do anything when it comes to returns and exchanges.

danny_w
Sep 22, 2007, 12:03 PM
Best Buy has the worst customer service known to man. It is always a pain in the butt to do anything when it comes to returns and exchanges.
I will never understand why people are so down on Best Buy and returns. They have never been anything but great for me (maybe I just have a good store near me). They always take things back no questions asked, and are usually quite efficient and friendly to boot.

parrotheadmjb
Sep 22, 2007, 12:13 PM
I will never understand why people are so down on Best Buy and returns. They have never been anything but great for me (maybe I just have a good store near me). They always take things back no questions asked, and are usually quite efficient and friendly to boot.

when you return something, does it have to be the same person that bought it, I have the receipt and the iPod, I just want an echange it for a non-defective one, but the name on the receipt is my brothers wife who picked it for me and I dont want to make her drive all the way back to best buy with me.

ynblood
Sep 22, 2007, 12:16 PM
Pezradar is right you still have two weeks. I would use it for the weekend or until you can get to BB to return it. I always go out of my way to the Apple Store to buy their products because they have my receipt on file and they can pull it up. I understand some of you don't have a Apple store close and that is understandable. I even would try Crutchfield.com because they have "Great" Customer service. Free Shipping and no sales tax and they send it out the same day as ordered. Good Luck!!

Kenal0
Sep 22, 2007, 12:19 PM
Best Buy has the most liberal return policy out there. 30 days no questions asked. Don't like it, defective, wrong color just take it back and they give you full refund. Granted you might have to wait in a line at the service counter but they will refund your money and you can go buy it somewhere else if they do not have a unit to exchange.

dukebound85
Sep 22, 2007, 12:40 PM
Best Buy has the most liberal return policy out there. 30 days no questions asked. Don't like it, defective, wrong color just take it back and they give you full refund. Granted you might have to wait in a line at the service counter but they will refund your money and you can go buy it somewhere else if they do not have a unit to exchange.

um no. i bought a monitor and there was a stuck red pixel. so i took it the VERY next day and they had to assemble the monitor and then make sure i was not lying (ie had to prove the pixel was there). I wasn't asking for a refund, just a swap.

doesnt seem too good on returns in my opinion.

now sams club is great. bought an xbox (original) and after a year and a half or two years it died. took it to sams got a full refund on it!

BiikeMike
Sep 22, 2007, 01:29 PM
That is a prime example of terrible service!

Speaking of returning things to Worst Buy, does it have to be the same one you bought it from?

sebast1anc
Sep 22, 2007, 02:08 PM
That is a prime example of terrible service!

Speaking of returning things to Worst Buy, does it have to be the same one you bought it from?

You can go to any Best Buy, I just got back from exchanging my week 37 for a week 38, and I went to a closer best buy that had some in stock today.

Rapmastac1
Sep 22, 2007, 10:11 PM
Well I tried my luck (both my friend and I) I called them before my break and they had just gotten them in and so we drove down there in the bad weather and they had the week 38's, I'm opening mine as we speak, hopefully it's good!

gowanis
Sep 22, 2007, 10:25 PM
i wouldn't expect them to hold it for you. Best Buy is not some mom and pop shop - they have too many customers to do this kind of thing. It sure would be nice, but I don't think its reasonable for them to do this for you. That being said, I had to return a 37 for a 38 and had absolutely no problem. their return policy is great. i did have problems with the audio department phone ringing with no answer. its hit or miss with service there. but the return policy was the big factor in this case, and i'm glad i bought it there.

Koodauw
Sep 22, 2007, 10:40 PM
I can't really blame Best Buy either. They are the retailer, and under no obligation to do warranty exchanges.

fuzzdawg11
Sep 22, 2007, 10:42 PM
yeah man i had the EXACT SAME SITUATION. i'm still stuck with my week 37 CBR negative defect 16g ipod touch. but i have one coming from best buy online at a zero dollar charge. i still have the bad one though and i ordered with a gift card. so i don't know if i have to return the one i have? never said anything about it, all they said was "oh! well i'll reship one to you with one day express shipping, but they are backordered" so i'm waiting for the backordered one to come in. bestbuy .com shows my original purchase as shipped with the 400 and whatever dollar price and the new one that says Inproccess for shipping at zero dollars