Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Exploding Bears

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but can the problems with the screen be fixed with an update?

Or is it an actual physical problem with the screen?

I sadly got a Week 37 model, but it works fine. haven't had any problems, the videos play fine. The only thing I noticed, it's darker then the new ones. Which is something everyone knows by now.

I was just wondering if the 37 models will be fixed, or if they just want you to return them.

caMi

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2007
Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but can the problems with the screen be fixed with an update?

I sadly got a Week 37 model, but it works fine. haven't had any problems, the videos play fine. The only thing I noticed, it's darker then the new ones. Which is something everyone knows by now.

I was just wondering if the 37 models will be fixed, or if they just want you to return them.

Ya it is a physical problem. Just return it.

Exploding Bears

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Argghhh.

This blows. I don't want to drive 40 min to Best Buy, then have to return it. This also means I have to wipe all my music again. :mad:

I might just keep it, because I rarely watch videos on my ipod, just use it for music and internet surfing. Even when I did watch videos, I didn't notice the problem like you guys did, just a little bit darker.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
Argghhh.

This blows. I don't want to drive 40 min to Best Buy, then have to return it. This also means I have to wipe all my music again. :mad:

I might just keep it, because I rarely watch videos on my ipod, just use it for music and internet surfing. Even when I did watch videos, I didn't notice the problem like you guys did, just a little bit darker.

i understand its not easy, but the device gonna be there for 2 years or more, you don't want to feel sorry for it later.

You can also goto apple store for an exchange if there is any nearby.

parrotheadmjb

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2007

they have a 30 day return policy, so you have some time to think to about it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.