Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ddk121

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 23, 2006
Wales, UK
I have an iPod week 37 that I wish to exchange with Apple for a week 38, due to then screen problem. Even though it is only a slight problem, for the amount of money I paid for the device, I want it perfect. But, there is no Apple store near to me, and the store that I got mine from has sold out till the beginning of October, therefore, to exchange, I will have too ring Apple Support.

Does anyone know if Apple 'Online' are exchanging iPod's in the UK before the official release date, and if they are, would I be guaranteed a week 38 in return?

JD92

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2005
You could just get a refund on your Touch then buy a week 38 iPod when the shop gets them in? Would probably be a lot less hassle.

And if you manage to do the Apple Support thing, I imagine all shipments on the 28th from Apple will be problem free. Screen problem free at least.

ddk121

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 23, 2006
Wales, UK
See, the problem is the store is about an hours drive away, which I dont really want to do for a refund. If I rang up Apple on the 28th, would I still qualify for an exchange? If so, do you think I'd get a good one back?

iZaid

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2007
??????????????????????

I have an iPod week 37 that I wish to exchange with Apple for a week 38, due to then screen problem. Even though it is only a slight problem, for the amount of money I paid for the device, I want it perfect. But, there is no Apple store near to me, and the store that I got mine from has sold out till the beginning of October, therefore, to exchange, I will have too ring Apple Support.

Does anyone know if Apple 'Online' are exchanging iPod's in the UK before the official release date, and if they are, would I be guaranteed a week 38 in return?

How did you get a touch pod if you are in the uk, Apple stores dont have them here. :confused:

iZaid

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2007
Aaaaahhhhhhhh

Some Apple Stores had them last week. I got mine from the Regents Street store last Tuesday.

F***:eek: I knew it, I called apple but I could tell the guy was lying about when the UK will have it in stock. what time did you go, they said the store wouldnt be open till 4pm.... come to think of it, its probably good i didnt get because of the screen thing.

daibach

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2005
London
I was checking some forums at work and someone posted that they were in stock! I got there about 7pm. The place was packed and they were selling out fast. I nabbed a 16GB week 37. It's an amazing piece of kit. I even got lucky with the screen - no problems!

BigBadJohn

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2007
I bought a week 37 from the regents street store on tuesday - I had a hunch they might go on sale after Steve's iphone anouncement.

I thought I had a good screen at first because you really don't notice the problem on fairly bright video's but when I did the Jay-z test and played some darker video's it's definately there. I took it back to the bluewater store yesterday and they acknowledged the problem and gave me a refund without any problems. I did want to exchange it but they didn't have any in stock :(

If you have got a week 37 from the Regents Street store I would definately recommending doing as many tests as possible before settling with it!

I also had a quick look around John lewis, Argos, Comet, and Curry's and none have any stock yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.