Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaypee68

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
I just picked up a week 38 touch with Macy Gray on the box and the screen unfortunately does have the negative black issue. I checked it using the Jay-Z Black Album picture as well as The Matrix which I converted with Handbrake. I had to tilt the Touch away from me to correct the issue since looking at it dead on gave me the negative black problem. Not sure if it's now safe to say that if you have a week 38 iPod Touch, you have a properly operatiing screen.

dankn

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2007
I just picked up a week 38 touch with Macy Gray on the box and the screen unfortunately does have the negative black issue. I checked it using the Jay-Z Black Album picture as well as The Matrix which I converted with Handbrake. I had to tilt the Touch away from me to correct the issue since looking at it dead on gave me the negative black problem. Not sure if it's now safe to say that if you have a week 38 iPod Touch, you have a properly operatiing screen.

Same here. Just exchanged my today for a week 38. Still has the same problem.

GoinDownSlow

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2007
FWIW, the week 38s aren't perfect. I've had the iPod touch for a week now, and it is a 38. The screen is fine, but there is a noticeable hiss in the audio.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.