PDA

View Full Version : 3G Nano+Universal Dock+TV Out

Dino451
Sep 22, 2007, 09:28 PM
Does anyone know if the current universal dock on the apple store unlocks the tv out feature the 3G Nanos? Oh and why did they do this?

Danksi
Sep 22, 2007, 10:40 PM
Does anyone know if the current universal dock on the apple store unlocks the tv out feature the 3G Nanos? Oh and why did they do this?

Do you mean, does the Universal Dock, allow you to connect the new Dock-Connector video/audio cable or just the S-Video connector on the back of the dock?

My understanding is that the headphone video-out connection is a lower quality than the new dock-connector setup. (Not to mention you can't use a $10 camcorder-cable)

Football1maniac
Sep 22, 2007, 10:45 PM
Yes it does, according to Apple's website, the 3G Nano is compatible with the Universal Dock.:apple: It also mentions that external video support is for ANY video-capable iPods. Such as iPod w/ video, iPhone, iPod touch, iPod classic, and iPod Nano 3G.

Dino451
Sep 23, 2007, 02:22 AM
what I don't understand is if it CAN do it through the headphone jack why remove it. If its a DRM issue and they are worried about pirates cant you still just capture it from the dock with the exact same setup? Oh well if it comes down to it I will eventually shell out the money.

Shorties
Sep 23, 2007, 02:49 AM
what I don't understand is if it CAN do it through the headphone jack why remove it. If its a DRM issue and they are worried about pirates cant you still just capture it from the dock with the exact same setup? Oh well if it comes down to it I will eventually shell out the money.

Well it is extra hardware to do video out of the headphone port. They must of decided not to include it this time.