PDA

View Full Version : Nano clock question

altaprod
Sep 22, 2007, 09:57 PM
I just got the new NANO (4GB) ! Wow, what a cool little device.:cool:

My question is about the clock that appears automatically after 1 minute or so. At this point the screen has gone dark (I assume to save the battery) and when I touch the scroll wheel to brighten the screen so that I can actually see the clock it triggers it to go to the album art of the currently playing album.

Is there some way to wake the screen so that I can actually just see the full screen clock without prompting it to go to the album art of the currently playing album?

Thanks, Ken

ds252
Sep 22, 2007, 10:08 PM
You could just put the time in the title which shows up when you haven't touched the click wheel for like 3 seconds so before the light goes out.

altaprod
Sep 22, 2007, 10:14 PM
forgive me but I don't understand what you mean by "time in the title?"

If you could explain that further for a newbie on the "nano?"

Ken
:confused:

altaprod
Sep 23, 2007, 07:00 PM
There must be a way to see this.

Maybe I should explain this better. The screen has a digital clock and a small battery (showing the remaining charge) underneath.

:(

altaprod
Sep 23, 2007, 07:35 PM
it's hard to see in the photos which obviously is why i'm posting.

CalBoy
Sep 23, 2007, 07:39 PM
Can't you just change the backlight timer? It seems to be the easiest way around your problem, if I'm understanding it correctly.

altaprod
Sep 23, 2007, 07:45 PM
Calboy,
Thanks for resonse. I tried changing the backlight timer but I guess this clock only pops up once the backlight has gone off, and then after approx. 5 seconds. Maybe seeing this clock (with battery) is impossible to view lit up.

Maybe :apple: never intended me to see it lit.

CalBoy
Sep 23, 2007, 07:46 PM
Calboy,
Thanks for resonse. I tried changing the backlight timer but I guess this clock only pops up once the backlight has gone off, and then after approx. 5 seconds. Maybe seeing this clock (with battery) is impossible to view lit up.

Maybe :apple: never intended me to see it lit.

Are you sure it's tied to the backlight timer? On my nano(previous gen), the clock will appear after 2 seconds of my last touch. I can set the backlight timer to be any value, and thus, I can see my clock. Try setting your backlight timer to 10 seconds and make sure the clock doesn't pop up. I don't think it's supposed to be the way you're describing.

altaprod
Sep 23, 2007, 07:53 PM
OK I did what you said and set it to 10 seconds. After the screen dimmed, it took 1 minute for the clock to show up. As usual if I wake the screen the clock disappears.

CalBoy
Sep 23, 2007, 08:01 PM
OK I did what you said and set it to 10 seconds. After the screen dimmed, it took 1 minute for the clock to show up. As usual if I wake the screen the clock disappears.

Hmmm...that is very strange. I haven't had the time to play with the new nanos yet, but both of my previous iPods didn't do this. Give me a little time to figure out what's going on.

OK, try this:

Set your backlight timer to OFF. Tell me how long it takes for the clock to appear.

altaprod
Sep 23, 2007, 08:06 PM
It may be that what I want simply isn't possible.
Ken

altaprod
Sep 23, 2007, 08:12 PM
in 10 seconds the album artwork appears and then 50 secons later the clock.